Job: Analytical Chemist, Avazyme, Inc., Durham, NC
Durham, NC 27703 United States
Compensation is competitive and comensurate with relevant prior experience. Avazyme offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including health care and 401k.
Research and Development
Job Description: Analytical Chemist
Looking for a career that lets you combine scientific excellence with creativity and commercial value?
Do you want to be included as a valued member in an interdisciplinary and diverse science team?
Do you want to share in our commitment to create a flexible, collaborative work environment that allows us to provide breakthrough service and innovative, customized solutions to our customers?
• Design, execute, and interpret experiments and studies according to company’s goals and client requests.
• Analyze data and make and record and report educated and detailed observations in compliance with the principles of Good Laboratory Practice and internal and external SOPs and requirements.
• Solve analytical chemistry problems, develop, validate, and execute new analytical methods, and together with the Avazyme team create innovative and customized solutions for our clients.
• Execute customized Technical Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures (e.g., GLP) and perform the daily tasks accurately and reliably at a high quality level (ISO17025:2017) and on time.
• Communicate well and in a timely fashion with the Avazyme team, team leaders and study directors, collaborators, and clients.
• Maintain, calibrate, and validate laboratory equipment and keep work areas in good working and client-ready condition.
• Continuously seek to expand knowledge, read and understand scientific literature, and be able to quickly learn new techniques, instrumentation, software, procedures, rules and regulations.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Experience with bioanalytical equipment and data acquisition and processing software (e.g., Chem Station, Chromeleon, Analyst, Labsolutions, statistics software)
• Experience with bioanalytical techniques such as HPLC/UPLC, Gas chromatography, UV/VIS, mass spectrometry, CAD, ICP-MS
• Experience working in a GMP or GLP environment (EPA GLPs or FDA GLPs preferred) and under ISO 17025:2017 quality standards with successful proficiency tests for analytical methods for nutrients, pesticide residues, mycotoxins, vitamins, food adulterants, cannabinoids, pharmaceutical active ingredients, cosmetics, neutraceutical ingredients, and other man-made or natural analytes.
• Experience in following proper safety regulations regarding chemicals and biological hazards.
• A proven track record of the ability to perform method transfer, adaptation, validation, and qualification protocols in a timely fashion.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Customer-centric and a strong team player.
• Proficiency in basic computer skills and Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Well-organized and able to multitask in a high-speed, fast-changing environment, with a flexible work schedule (including weekends and holidays depending on client project needs and timelines)
• B.A. or B.S. degree or Masters Degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Food Science
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?