When AskBio’s scientific founder, Dr. Jude Samulski, discovered how the Adeno-Associated Virus (AAV) could be safely used to deliver corrected genes to cells with genetic defects, it propelled one of the most exciting and inspiring fields in medical research today. Now the foundation for an entire industry, it also inspired the development of a world-leading gene therapy platform that includes the Pro10TM cell line, an extensive capsid library, and new methods for lowering the cost of delivery.
We know gene therapy is a highly complex business. But seeing the impact that gene therapy can have on patients suffering from incurable diseases fuels a never-ending passion to continually advance AAV gene therapy technology. We embrace the work that companies like Pfizer/Bamboo, Novartis/AveXis, and Roche/Spark are doing to advance gene therapy development as we all share a common goal: erase genetic disease.
We are a company on the forefront of the industry, guided by the vision and unparalleled expertise of Dr. Samulski, the founder of AAV gene therapy. We invite all researchers, advocacy groups, patients and their families to join us on this mission to advance promising gene therapies and to change the face of health care.
We are excited for our next VP of Human Resources to join the AskBio team!
About the role:
Overview: The Vice President, Human Resources is responsible for leading strategy and execution of all aspects of the employee experience, including but not limited to talent acquisition, workforce planning, succession planning, total rewards inclusive of health and benefits, employee relations, and change management. Further, and in partnership with senior leadership, this role is responsible for contributing to all aspects of the company’s culture, inclusion and diversity, and organizational effectiveness.
The Vice President, Human Resources develops and executes the human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and employee experience. S/he provides insightful and credible leadership to the CEO, Senior Team, VPs and the Board of Directors and other stakeholders. Provide leadership direction and solutions that are creative and forward-looking, demonstrating a strong presence across all functions of the HR profession. This leadership role also carries with it personal and corporate responsibility to build and sustain a respectful, stimulating, engaging and fun workplace.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Lead and Direct:
• Provide strategic leadership and pragmatic guidance to the HR function by having accountability for talent acquisition, employee relations, career development, succession planning, retention, leadership development, HR compliance and compensation and benefits.
• Optimize HR impact for the business through streamlined processes and use of technology that foster a positive and dynamic employee experience.
• Direct talent acquisition for fast growing business including counsel on organizational design, job design and workforce planning/ forecasting.
• Coach and mentor all levels of talent so they may achieve their full potential and career development.
• Advise the CEO and Senior Team on organizational plans, company policies, and legal issues.
• Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support Ask Bio’s overall business vision, mission and values, and strategic and operational initiatives.
• Use and command of human capital data to further talent attraction, retention and engagement initiatives.
• Develop and manage the annual budget for the department.
• Manage HR compliance requirements. Manage exposure of the company and serve as primary contact for internal and external counsel and outside government agencies.
• Guide managers and employees in resolving employee relations issues by providing effective conflict resolution and coaching.
• Strong understanding of HR information systems and experience with 1-2 implementations (example: ATS, Payroll, LMS, Compensation)
Key Leadership Competencies:
Innovative and Agile: Ability to innovate and approach situations in new ways. Thinks broadly and creatively, beyond immediate details and issues and conventional thinking, to encourage forward-thinking ideas and approaches. Anticipates crises and problems. Displays curiosity and a passion for learning.
Proactive: Seeks to proactively identify trends and opportunities impacting the organization. Has an outstanding analytical mind. Has a proven ability to prioritize and manage competing and sometimes conflicting priorities.
Thoughtful: Draw on wide-ranging sources of information and networks of relationships to develop and carryout complex business strategies and initiatives. Ability to succinctly communicate complex initiatives or issues.
You love what you do professionally, and the impact HR can have in Ask Bio.
Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum 15 years of progressive HR experience with depth in several functional areas including talent acquisition, benefits, compensation, HRIS, employee relations and compliance.
• Experience working in research environment and government contracting environment is a plus.
• Proven track record of success in positions that required a strong mix of business skills, leadership abilities, strategic thinking, and sound judgment in driving organizational effectiveness is required.
• Deep experience implementing overall HR best practices, including directing talent management and leading all aspects of culture, diversity, change management and organizational development, employee engagement, training approaches, and career pathways;
• Thought partner to executive leadership teams;
• Expertise in linking programs and strategies to organizational goals delivering high impact results.
More About you:
• Authentic leader and manager with a collaborative and inclusive approach in assessing individual/organizational challenges, problem solving, and developing partnerships.
• Thoughtful, energetic, and diplomatic change ambassador; an experienced professional in understanding organizational dynamics, guiding individuals and teams through complex and changing environments.
• Facilitative style and approachable manager, strong advisor to the CEO and the Senior Team.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to represent Ask Bio both internally and externally across a wide range of stakeholders.
• Exceptional coach and mentor; demonstrated experience in influencing and supporting senior leaders.
We offer a competitive total rewards package. Are you our next great discovery?
**Please note, AskBio does not provide sponsorship at this time**