Job: Technical Supervisor, Foundation Medicine, Inc., Morrisville, NC
Job Location: Morrisville, NC
Req Number: 9301
Department : Lab Operations - RTP
About Foundation Medicine:
Foundation Medicine began with an idea-to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
The Clinical Molecular Laboratory Supervisor will be based at our rapidly growing Morrisville, NC facility and will report to the Clinical Molecular Laboratory Manager. S/he will be responsible for supervising clinical molecular laboratory staff. Candidates should be highly motivated, confident with multi-tasking, attentive to details, have excellent organization skills, and show a history of leading high functioning teams. This position will also perform patient sample testing in addition to other tasks in a highly complex clinical diagnostic laboratory. This is a M-F 8:00-4:30 position.
• Supervises day-to-day activities of clinical molecular laboratory staff.
• Maintains a deep understanding of laboratory processes to ensure effective troubleshooting of assays and instrumentation and is a “go-to” person to field questions. Ensures laboratory staff have the necessary understanding to effectively carry out these duties.
• Trains team members in laboratory functions/tasks.
• Demonstrates commitment to meeting TAT objectives, quality metrics, key performance indicators, and ensuring an environment of continuous improvement.
• Works with Client Services to resolve sample holds and ensure timely resolution of problem cases.
• Reviews and writes SOPs and other laboratory documentation, as needed.
• Supervises timely maintenance of equipment and other technical resources. Collaborates with internal teams, vendors, and others as needed to resolve issues, maintain ongoing functionality, and document service/PM/repair work.
• Collaborates with other team leaders/supervisors/managers in assigning work/developing rotational schedules and assigning team duties.
• Flexes to cover scheduling gaps and is included in the on-call rotation for additional weekend and/or holiday technical support.
• Supports Manager in evaluating performance, providing input to reviews, corrective action and recruitment of new hires.
• Leads or coordinates reagent and assay quality control and validations, as needed.
• Reviews data and maintains appropriate QC documentation for reagents and laboratory batch records.
Qualifications (Position Skill Set):
• Minimum BS in a Biological or Life Science.
• 8+ years of relevant laboratory experience working in a regulated clinical laboratory environment (CLIA/CAP/NYSDOH). QSR compliant laboratory experience preferred but not required.
• Qualifies as Technical supervisor according to NYS regulations.
• Experience ensuring compliance of a clinical laboratory to regulatory standards.
• Knowledge of laboratory safety protocols.
• Knowledge and experience working with DNA manipulation techniques, enzymatic reactions, and next generation sequencing chemistry.
• Familiarity with high throughput platforms, laboratory automation, and common molecular laboratory equipment (pipettes, thermocyclers, liquid handlers, etc.).
• Experience with ensuring and maintaining integrity and quality of the lab (sample processing, equipment, SOPs).
• Experience with Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
• Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Power Point.
• Ability to learn new tasks in appropriate timeframes.
Qualifications (Communication + Teamwork):
• Proven track record leading laboratory teams.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Participates on cross functional teams to coordinate trouble shooting, process improvements, and/or implement new workflows or products.
• Solutions focused. Willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way.
• Independent. Able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI's EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/5vv3p8yqvw6ckqn6