NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Materials Control Associate - Shipping/Receiving, CoImmune Inc., Durham, NC
Materials Control Associate - Shipping/Receiving
Durham, NC 27704 United States
SCOPE: The individual in this position will assist with shipping/receiving activities in the Materials Management Department with a focus on clinical trial kit assembly, charging liquid nitrogen shippers, and purchase/receipt of non-lot controlled materials. The individual will be required to receive and issue materials to support Research, Manufacturing and Quality activities. Maintain a high degree of inventory accuracy via cycle count programs. The job requires adherence to all practices to carry out shipping/receiving functions in an FDA-regulated warehouse setting.
• Assist with the coordination of material flow between transportation companies, the Shipping/Receiving Department and
all internal departments
• Communicate and document activities between Manufacturing, Clinical, and Quality departments to ensure the movement
of materials meets regulatory guidelines
• Prepare shipping documents for routing, including bills of lading and billing documents for air transport, common carrier,
and overnight shippers compliant with established regulations.
• Keep an inventory of incoming and outbound shipments.
• Make routing decisions regarding methods and courier schedules
• Prepare packages for shipping and maintain necessary inventory of shipping supplies
• Maintain contact with couriers to ensure timely pickups and deliveries
• Utilize an Inventory Management System to ensure inventory is maintained to predetermined min/max levels established
with each department
• Reconcile Purchase Orders with Accounts Payable
• Adhere to all applicable SOP’s in order to maintain GMP compliance
• Manage regulated quarantine inventory according to QA specifications including notification, record preparation,
segregation, and disposition.
• Adhere to safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition
• Assist with completion of daily and weekly reports from inventory system data and by entering or retrieving data using
• Perform other miscellaneous duties as required
• High school graduate or associate degree.
• Minimum 2 years relevant experience in shipping and receiving with cGMP warehousing experience.
• DOT/IATA training on hazardous materials.
• Fluent with Windows computer applications that involve entering and retrieving information from files and reports.
Experience in using Excel and Word is required.
• Must have initiative, high attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task
• Strong organizational skills a must.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers and be willing to collaborate closely with co-workers and other
• Ability and willingness to be regularly, predictably, and reliably at work
Possess physical strength with ability to lift 40 pounds. Stamina required to stand, walk, climb or step-up for long periods of time in a warehouse environment.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center