Job: Senior Scientist, Microbiology, Pfizer, Inc., Chapell Hill, NC
Senior Scientist, Microbiology
Chapell Hill, NC 27514 United States
Research and Development
The qualified colleague is responsible for utilizing established biochemistry and microbiological methodologies to support environmental monitoring and GMP in-process, release, and stability testing of clinical supplies. The colleague must work within corporate guidelines and must appropriately record, archive and report all data as this is a cGMP compliant laboratory. The colleague must be able to interact effectively with peers and leaders as part of a multi-disciplinary team. The candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to multitask and effective interpersonal, influencing skills and communication skills are required. Colleague must be able to troubleshoot scientific and technical challenges, and contribute to their resolution in a GMP environment. Candidate must be able to analyze and communicate experimental results both orally and in written reports to colleagues and management. Candidate will ensure effective, high-quality, timely and appropriate documentation in electronic laboratory notebooks and internal Technical Reports and will contribute to equipment procurement, laboratory set up and organization. Candidate will contribute to a safe, efficient and effective lab environment with personal accountability.
Colleague may also be responsible for mentoring and supporting junior staff.
* PhD degree with 0-3 years or Master’s degree with 5+ years of postgraduate experience or BS degree with 7+ years in biotech/ biopharma industry in the QC, Micro, or related laboratory.
* Demonstrated ability to drive results and generate innovative solutions with minimum supervision.
* Applicants should be self-motivated, organized, and capable of working independently and in a collaborative environment.
* Strong attention to detail. Ability to execute detailed testing plans, record procedures, analyze data, and present results.
* Extensive experience in GMP QC laboratory, including trending of data, investigation management, and working in a regulated environment is required.
* Able to work in a fast paced team environment with changing priorities
* Excellent documentation skills
* Experience with UV, HPLC, pH, Bioburden, Endotoxin, PCR, and other similar laboratory instrumentation and methodologies
* Self-motivated and highly effective in a team-based environment
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Experience with laboratory data systems such as Laboratory Information Management Systems, TrackWise, ELN is helpful
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?