Job: Scientific Sales and Support Specialist/Representative [ POS ID 10087], Baebies, Inc., Durham, NC
Scientific Sales and Support Specialist/Representative [ POS ID 10087]
Durham, NC 27709 United States
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K & Life Insurance
Scientific Sales and Support Specialist/Representative [POS ID 10087]
Baebies is currently looking for a full-time Scientific Sales and Support Specialist/Representative to join our team. This is an entry-level position with pathways to becoming a significant contributor to the Baebies commercial team through independent sales. The successful candidate will play a key role in maintaining customer satisfaction and development of the sales pipeline. Excellent communication and organizational skills are required, with a strong preference for a bachelor’s degree in Biological/Physical/Life Sciences or Chemical/Biomedical Engineering. This is an entry level sales and support position and will be responsible for customer outreach, including providing information about new products or promotions, customer technical communication about Baebies products through phone/email and in-person visits, qualification through phone/email and in-person visits, and preparation of sales quotations and orders as well as other duties as needs arise.
The successful candidate will become proficient in Baebies products and services.
• Educate prospective customers on company products, services, and capabilities
• Understand customer objections and develop and disseminate sales presentations and other sales materials to address
• Monitoring CRM to ensure accurate, up-to-date information; and coordinating updates as needed. Experience with CRM preferred
• Lead generation and lead qualification in coordination with marketing and sales executives
• Market analysis, such as identifying potential new clients
• Collaborating with internal team members to organize current account engagement (including onsite customer event, seminars, etc.)
• Assist existing customers with finding solutions to address their evolving needs
• Establish relationships with customers that will garner additional business
• Produce customer quotes and orders, manage order delivery
• Solicit quotations, negotiate and present ideas to gain new business
• Achieve technical proficiency in the company’s products
Attributes and expectations of each candidate
• Gain understanding of each customer’s situation using open-ended questions to discover needs and implications for our products or services.
• Maintain control of selling conversations and focus on leading customers to recognizing needs for our products or services.
• Demonstrate product features and benefits that are relevant to each customer’s needs and provide proof of the benefits.
• Anticipate customer objections and plan to listen, clarify and empathize in order to provide realistic resolutions.
• Use images, stories and third party references to validate product and service advantages.
• Close by asking for each customer to take action.
• Measure progress against the call plan for each visit and make adjustments for the next call.
• BA/BS in biological/life/physical sciences, chemical/biomedical engineering, or MBA
• A keen interest in the scientific disciplines served by company’s product areas, lab skills preferred
• Sales, Marketing or Customer Service experience preferred
• Highly motivated, goal oriented and takes ownership of responsibilities
• CRM knowledge preferable
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and proven ability to learn new tools and databases)
• Proven analytical skills
• Must be a team player and support a collaborative environment
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?