Job: Sales Development Specialist/Representative [POS ID 10086], Baebies, Inc., Durham, NC
Sales Development Specialist/Representative
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Sales Development Specialist/Representative with a love for selling and a tenacious and methodical approach to prospecting. This is an entry-level to mid-level position with pathways to becoming a significant contributor to the Baebies commercial team through independent sales. This candidate will ideally have experience providing sales development and support in the biotech industry, pharmaceutical or CRO. The Sales Development Specialist/Representative position is a business-critical position responsible for analyzing, prioritizing, developing, and managing all prospect leads created from marketing campaign activities-calling campaigns, tradeshows, inbound website and phone inquiries. This position is expected to grow into Sales Specialist as the commercialization efforts progress.
This position is responsible for qualifying the front-end of the sales pipeline and will evolve leads into viable sales-ready opportunities through multiple nurturing contacts by phone, e-mail, social media, and in the field. The individual will work with a cross-functional team in sales, customer support and service, business development, and marketing to successfully convert leads into new business.
The successful candidate will become proficient in Baebies products and services.
Attributes and expectations of each candidate
• Gain understanding of each customer’s situation using open-ended questions to discover needs and implications for our products or services.
• Maintain control of selling conversations and focus on leading customers to recognizing needs for our products or services.
• Demonstrate product features and benefits that are relevant to each customer’s needs and provide proof of the benefits.
• Anticipate customer objections and plan to listen, clarify and empathize in order to provide realistic resolutions.
• Use images, stories and third party references to validate product and service advantages.
• Close by asking for each customer to take action.
• Measure progress against the call plan for each visit and make adjustments for the next call.
• Create a fantastic first impression with prospects and customers while building pipeline for Account Executives.
• Market analysis, such as identifying potential new clients
• Conduct sales prospect pipeline analysis using Baebies CRM tool, Internet search engines, external databases, company websites, press releases, etc., to prioritize and increase effectiveness of prospect qualification calls.
• Follow up and qualify inbound requests and MQLs, via telephone and email, for scientific fit.
• Gain understanding of prospects’ newborn screening needs and identify decision makers, buying influencers and determine scope, budget and timing of projects.
• Build and cultivate prospect relationships by proactive communications and follow-up to move opportunities through the sales funnel.
• Document all findings from prospecting calls in the CRM tool, identify follow up action and segment prospects based on amenability and sales cycle. Monitoring CRM to ensure accurate, up-to-date information; and coordinating updates as needed. Experience with CRM preferred.
• Develop customized pitches for different target accounts and personas
• Advance prospects through the leads pipeline using both a breath of knowledge in our products, offerings and services, and proven prospecting techniques and soft skills.
• Work closely with Sales, Customer Support and Service, and Marketing to develop leads for priority geographies and products into signed business and grow the sales pipeline to consistently meet quarterly revenue goals.
• Support Baebies trade show presence across various industries as well as geographic sales efforts via call/e-mail support and/or field participation.
Education / Requirements:
• BA/BS in biological/life/physical sciences, chemical/biomedical engineering, or MBA
• 1-3 years Sales, Marketing, Business Development or other customer facing experience
• Strong communication and influencing skills
• Persistent, self-motivated, and willing to go beyond strict job responsibilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and proven ability to learn new tools and databases)
• Proven analytical skills
• Driven to meet/exceed goals with a proven history of consistent high achievement
• Gritty and resourceful
• Methodical and disciplined work ethic
• Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams
• Travel will be required in support of trade show participation, sales blitzes, etc.
• Passionate about Baebies mission and the acceleration of newborn and pediatric research and testing