NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
Job: Genomics Sequencing Technologist, LabCorp, Durham, NC
Genomics Sequencing Technologist
Durham, NC 27709 United States
full benefits package
The Integrated Genetics Division is seeking a Sequencing Technologist to join their Genomics team! The Genomics department performs sequencing-based testing for more than 40 genes that is designed to detect sequence variants in the coding regions of genes associated with certain rare disorders.
Assays performed (including inherited cancer testing and whole exome sequencing) utilize a variety of DNA sequencing techniques, including Sanger, Array, MLPA, and NexGen sequencing.
This position will have first shift hours from 8:00AM – 4:30PM, Sunday-Thursday.
• Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria.
• Perform PCR based genomic testing in accordance with standard operating procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of various genetic conditions, including cancer.
• Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls.
• Utilize a wide array of instrumentation, including Tecan, ABI 3730, ABI QuantStudio, and Illumina HiSEQ/MiSEQ instruments, performing quality control and calibrations, as required.
• Accurately enter results of testing. Review reports to ensure accurate test result reporting in preparation for review by a Director / Pathologist.
• Recognize problems and initiate troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures and other problems.
• B.A./B.S. in Biology or relatable life science to include completion of 16 credit hours of Biology, 16 credit hours of Chemistry, and 3 credit hours of math.
• PCR and / or DNA sequencing experience strongly preferred, but not required.
• 1+ year of clinical lab experience OR 3+ years of research lab experience preferred, but not required.
To apply, please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online:https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1159451&d=External&r=5000323814906#/
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center