NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
Job: Director/Manager Business Development East Coast Territory, David H Murdock Research Institute, Kananpolis, NC
Director/Manager Business Development East Coast Territory
Kananpolis, NC 28081 United States
150 N Research Campus Dri
The David H Murdock Research Institute (DHMRI) is seeking a Manager or Director of Business Development to develop and execute sales plans to support DHMRI’s growth and mission. The DHMRI is an independent, not-for-profit research organization that provides integrated analytical platforms and knowledge-building capabilities that enable academic and industry partnerships, with the goal of improving human health through advancing the science of nutrition and agriculture. The DHMRI is seeking an appropriate candidate to fill the ONE position. Either such successful candidate will play an instrumental role in implementing DHMRI’s business strategy. A Director role will ascertain additional responsibilities with a global focus whereas a Managerial role will have a territorial focus. The role will report to the Chief Business Officer.
• Responsible for the East Coast territory
• Develop the sales and marketing strategy (territories and key accounts), solidify client relationships, formulate, and implement account penetration tactics consistent with the Institute’s mission and goals
• Establish sales targets with CBO
• Maintain an up-to-date opportunity pipeline and forecasts
• Identify short-term, and opportunities for strategic relationships with segment leaders
• Use consultative selling skills and involve the DHMRI’s scientific staff to optimally address client needs
• Oversee proposals development with laboratory managers
• Develop marketing collaterals (presentations, tech sheets…) with Director of Marketing and R&D team
• Represent DHMRI at trade shows and conferences
• Willing to travel at least 40% of the time; including industry trade shows and meetings
• Advanced degree in Life Sciences with 5+ years of sales experience in the CRO industry, human nutrition, biotechnology and agriculture. Experience with translational research services is a plus.
• Goal-oriented, entrepreneurial, and proactive thinker
• Experience in diagnosing partners’ challenges and needs
• Work closely with DHMRI executive team, marketing, and scientific staff to develop differentiated solutions and offerings
• Experience with CRM platforms
• Excellent organizational skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and exceptional soft skills, including: 1) strong interpersonal and communication skills, 2) a problem-solving attitude, and 3) the ability to work both independently and as a collaborative team player
DHMRI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following: health, vision and dental, disability, FSA, life insurance coverage, and a 401(k) savings plan.
Equal Employment Opportunity
• We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center