NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
Job: IT SharePoint Administrator, Medicago USA, Durham, NC
IT SharePoint Administrator
Durham, NC 27713 United States
The SharePoint Administrator manages all aspects of the SharePoint 365 cloud environment, including design, architecture, availability, reliability, performance, monitoring, testing, backups, security of the portal and coordination of training. This position plays an integral part in the development of strategies for optimal use of SharePoint and other collaborative tools within the organization. The SharePoint Administrator will promote user adoption, work with the Steering Committee to develop and implement a governance plan, establish and maintain Operating Level Agreement (OLAs) with site owners. Administrator must be able to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Oversee the SharePoint Portal Server infrastructure, user access and application deployment – take the lead role in implementing SharePoint across the organization. Support the installation, configuration, security, operation, and work with external support on maintenance and software related to SharePoint infrastructure
• Participate in planning and execution of tasks related to the evaluation of new SharePoint based initiatives (Upgrade Version, Third-Party Solutions, and Integration with additional Enterprise Systems).
• Develop, configure and maintain document libraries, enterprise lists and site collections. Perform typical system administrative activities such as site creation, user training, backup, restore and issue resolution.
• Technical support of Sharepoint, including communicating the location of form libraries, their purpose and workflows.
• Coordinate with the business in standardizing and optimizing the way data/information is stored and retrieved.
• Work with Project Managers and Business Representatives to design and develop solutions to address business needs and capitalize on opportunities. Appropriately propose enhancements that would optimize the SharePoint solution. Examine requirements documents and create technical design documents, unit test, system test and implementation plans for small to complex projects.
• Maintain and administer Microsoft SharePoint Portal, including monitoring, troubleshooting and performance analysis; as well as, being the SharePoint key contact with Subject Matter Expert (SME) and business users. Provide technical guidance to the team in the technologies related to the development and support of an Enterprise SharePoint environment (understanding relationship with active directory, SQL, IIS,etc).
• Use judgment and creativity to design coding approach with vendors to meet user-requirements/specifications as provided by business representatives and project managers.
• Maintain current industry standards for development, best practices and procedures for SharePoint solutions.
• Supports data retention policies in relation to sharepoint sites
• Strong understanding of MS SharePoint Architecture
• Experience working in a Regulated environment preferred
• An excellent understanding of what can be done with the OOB features in SharePoint
• Powershell scripting knowledge
• Development experience with Microsoft Visual Studio.NET, Microsoft SQL Server, InfoPath, Workflow, Visual SourceSafe, and SharePoint Designer• Working knowledge of various web design/graphic design tools (Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle methods
• English Fluency (spoken\written) and French Fluency (spoken\written) a plus
• Interpersonal skills necessary to form effective relationships with the user community, IT colleagues and external vendors
• Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
• Can conform to shifting priorities in company requirements
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of persons in different departments
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to comprehend, interpret, and comply with company policies and procedures
• Three to Five years’ experience working with SharePoint Platform in an administrative capacity
• Expertise and experience with complex technical activities
• Technical creativity
• Overtime may be required.
• Sitting for extended periods of time. up to 6 hours a day; walk, reach with hands/arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl..
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
• Lifting and transporting of approximately 50 lbs
• Physically able to participate in sessions, presentations, and meetings.
• Some travel may be required
• Bachelor’s degree Information Technology (preferably in Computer Science) with 3 - 5 years of experience OR Associates degree in Computer Science or Information Technology with 5 – 7 years of experience.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center