NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
Job: Clinical Laboratory Supervisor - Genomics, LabCorp, Durham, NC
Clinical Laboratory Supervisor - Genomics
Durham, NC 27709 United States
1904 T.W. Alexander Dr.,
full benefits package
Join LabCorp Diagnostics and you'll be a part of an innovative life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care and providing comprehensive clinical laboratory services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions and pioneers new diagnostic technologies to improve the delivery of care. As a member of the LabCorp team, you will support a dedicated staff in resulting over 500,000 clinical samples a day, a volume that demands the most accurate and precise analysis possible. You’ll join a collegial scientific staff who appreciates that on the other side of every sample, is a person who depends on us! LabCorp is a leader in laboratory medicine and we strive to meet the rapidly evolving healthcare needs.
Do work that matters. Join LabCorp and be a part of our team bringing laboratory diagnostics to a new level.
The Integrated Genetics Division of LabCorp is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Supervisor for the Genomics department at the Center for Molecular Biology and Pathology (CMBP) in Research Triangle Park, NC. This department performs sequencing-based testing for more than 40 genes that is designed to detect sequence variants in the coding regions of genes associated with certain rare disorders. With 3 new genomic sequencing assays launched in the past year and additional launches planned for the upcoming year, the Genomics lab is among the most rapidly growing departments within CMBP. The ideal candidate must have strong leadership and effective communication skills and have the ability to develop and motivate staff.
• Supervise the lab operations of the Genomics Department, including accurate delivery of patient results, competency assessments, continuing education, and positive morale of laboratory staff
• Responsible for laboratory performance criteria including:
o Delivering patient laboratory results within specified TAT
o Monitoring and ensuring acceptable repeat and failure rates
o Achieving pre-determined assay reagent and supply costs and maintain updated costs.
o Assuring productivity levels in the labs are achieved and maintained.
• Monitor daily workflow in the lab, planning / scheduling for adequate assay coverage, and troubleshooting / escalating problems, as necessary
• Supervise, train and mentor laboratory staff. Cleary communicate expectations to staff and evaluate individual employee performance
• Assist with the hiring of qualified, enthusiastic employees
• Work closely and collaboratively with the Lab Manager and other department supervisor(s), as well as Clinical Trials, R&D, and supervisors / staff in support departments
• Oversee clinical trials performed in the department, including direct overview of training and testing protocols for clinical trial
• Attend staff and management meetings and oversee daily lab operations
• Monitor time tracking system for employees and ensure attendance expectations are being met
• B.A./B.S. in Biology or related life science to include completion of 16 credit hours of Biology, 16 credit hours of Chemistry, and 3 credit hours of math.
• Must have at least 7 years of experience in a clinical diagnostic laboratory setting, including at least 2 years in a leadership/supervisory role
• Previous molecular based testing experience required
• Direct experience with genomic sequencing (including Next Generation Sequencing, NGS) strongly preferred
• Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Strong computer skills and working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center