NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
Job: Manager/Director, Enterprise Information Management, Medicago USA, DURHAM, NC
Manager/Director, Enterprise Information Management
DURHAM, NC 27713 United States
The Manager/Director, Enterprise Information Management is responsible for the activities associated with developing and managing corporate information and developing solutions to integrate data and business applications with one another and managing the enterprise data management systems, Business Intelligence (BI)/reporting platforms, Enterprise Data Warehouse, Enterprise Master Data Management, Data Integration & Data Architecture. Evaluate and improve customer service, coordination of services across the Enterprise Information Management function and ability to plan and deliver appropriate system capacity and support capabilities to meet current and anticipated needs. Provide leadership and vision for current and future investment strategies and architectures.
• Engages with high-level staff &/or vendors/services responsible for supporting corporate information and information systems. Works to develop employee skills, evaluates performance and provides feedback.
• Influences both local and global information services. Participates in global boards and forums that define information strategy and services that will align to Medicago’s business model.
• Develops overall the architecture, plan and strategy for the ongoing support of Enterprise Information Management (EIM) supporting business applications and BI/Reporting. Ensures appropriate service levels are documented and clear metrics are captured to ensure service levels are met. Develops and maintains a portfolio and roadmap.
• Management of the design, development and support of the data integration model. Leveraging appropriate technology standards to ensure appropriate flow and access to information.
• Manages enterprise grade systems to include an Enterprise Data Warehouse, Master Data Management, Integration Services, Enterprise Service Bus, Analytical Systems and other systems as required.
• Manages structured and unstructured data. Includes major vendor deliverables.
• Prioritizes requests and activities and develops schedules and work plans for projects/initiatives. Consults with business departments and other teams within IT as needed. Ensures projects/initiatives are completed within designated time frames and tracks and reports progress to upper management. Acts as liaison between business management and this department to resolve issues and monitor results.
• Establish and co-lead the Data Governance Board responsible for driving data quality, influencing the appropriate use of data and how that data best supports the corporation.
• Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in EIM systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
• Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of the Systems Integration and Data Management service in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
• Oversee the development, tracking, and control the annual operating and capital budgets for developed systems and data/reporting/collaboration platforms. Responsible for managing costs and reporting status to management.
• Maintain appropriate documentation including Data Architecture, BI/Reporting Architecture, Integration data flows, source code for customer applications, strategies/plans/roadmaps for future development and relevant policies and SOPs.
• Manage local and global data services developed in-house, outsourced or through a managed service. This will include both North America and non-North America support.
• Assist in defining and communicating plans, policies, and standards for the organization for supporting and delivering data/reporting/collaboration tools and ensure continuous delivery of data management and integration services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of system performance.
• Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments to management and assist IT Operations in the development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery plan.
• Ensures users/customers receive professional, courteous, and timely support and service. Provide exceptional services to ensure user productivity.
• Assist in development of business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives and in the consultation with stakeholders and other teams within the IT department to define information and systems requirements for new integration needs, data management and reporting tools needs as well as any collaboration tool needs.
• Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of custom software, integration tools as well as data management/reporting and collaboration tools.
• Review data and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
• Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices. Advise IT management on their competitive or financial impact.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
• Demonstrated leadership, coaching and personnel development skills as well as the ability to motivate employees in a team-oriented environment. Experience in mentoring in a developmental capacity.
• Experience in managing remote and onsite vendor based solutions and services. Ability to closely manage the vendor and enforce compliance with contracted SLA’s.
• Substantial exposure to managing enterprise level Data Warehouse systems, Master Data Management systems, collaboration tools, software development, business intelligence systems, data processing and integration, information management, systems and data architecture, enterprise software tools, service-oriented architectures/enterprise service bus, vendor managed services and hosted solutions.
• Experience with service-based model of IT delivery. Direct experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) or other model preferred.
• Experience with data integration with key source systems is a plus. This includes Microsoft Dynamics ERP, Power BI, CRM, HRMS, Web Sites, Clinical systems, Revenue Management and Contracting etc.
• Experience working in a validated environment. Basic understanding of the computer system validation lifecycle.
• Exceptional understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities. Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities as well as exceptional customer service orientation.
• Excellent understanding of project and portfolio management principles and demonstrated ability to apply in solving organizational problems. Experience with IT Governance principles.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language. Ability to develop and visually present ideas and concepts to both IT and Business stakeholders. Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) applications to prepare charts, tables, forms, reports, and presentations. Experience with e-mail and calendar programs.
• In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
• Exceptionally self-motivated and directed as well as ability to set and manage priorities
Twelve (12) or more years of experience with ten (10) or more years of progressive management responsibility in an Information Technology department. Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is preferred. International experience leading a cross functional team is also a plus.
• Extended time may be required.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
• Lifting and transporting of approximately 50 lbs
• Physically able to participate in sessions, presentations, and meetings.
• Some travel may be required
A four-year degree in Computer Sciences/Information Systems &/or significant related IT work experience is required. Masters in a technical or business discipline is preferred.
PMP Certification is desired.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center