NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
Job: Biotech Greenhouse Supervisor, Medicago USA, Durham, NC
Biotech Greenhouse Supervisor
Durham, NC 27713 United States
Under the supervision of the Greenhouse Manager or Greenhouse Director, the candidate will be part of a team that will be responsible for the seeding, maintenance, propagation and transfections of plants in a state of the art greenhouse. They will provide critical support in the upstream production of vaccines in Nicotiana benthamiana, and be responsible for providing guidance and oversight for employees during production. The candidate will assist with the writing of SOPs and other supporting documentation for all greenhouse operations, and for documenting all results in support of manufacturing operations.
• Coordinating greenhouse production/maintenance execution and scheduling to consistently meet business requirements
• Independent process/project leadership
• Supervise a team of Greenhouse specialists and their day-to-day activities
• Participate/lead the design, scale-up, and development of master documentation, process optimization, technology transfer, cleaning validation and process validation activities.
• Collaborates with process development group to assure smooth process transition to manufacturing, summarizes production data to support future development efforts
• Support the analysis and resolution of process deviations and change controls
• Develop process training curriculum and provide required training
• Experienced in research or production greenhouse team and systems management.
• Working knowledge of soil chemistry/nutrient management strategies, irrigation, pest and disease identification/management, climate control, and one or more greenhouse control packages.
• Able to collaborate closely with colleagues outside their immediate department to meet critical production timelines
• Ability to train, motivate, and lead a team to meet day-to-day and long term objectives.
• Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors in a development/production environment
• Able to document activities in scientific/regulatory reports and generate documents and methods to support manufacturing operations
• Experience in cGMP/GLP compliant production systems is a plus
• Provides input and process floor leadership in a fast-paced team environment
• The employee is occasionally required to stand, up to 6 hours a day; walk; reach with hands and arm and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30-50 pounds.
• Technical degree with a minimum of 9 years’ experience or University degree with a minimum of 7 years’ experience or equivalent. Supervisory experience required.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center