Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
Job: Associate Scientist (Analytical Chemistry) – Emerging Pharma/Top $$, Frankel Staffing Partners, Research Triangle Park, NC
Associate Scientist (Analytical Chemistry) – Emerging Pharma/Top $$
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 United States
Research and Development
Our client, an RTP area emerging pharmaceutical company with multiple products in development, is actively recruiting for a knowledgeable and skilled Scientist to join its R&D team.
This is a Direct Hire role and an immediate need. Compensation will be generous.
This company is developing a portfolio of highly anticipated products based on its proprietary technology, and this Associate Scientist will be part of the R&D team testing out new formulations. Right candidate will enjoy hands-on, independent lab work but will also thrive in a team setting. A curious and process improvement-oriented candidate with a “how can I help?” attitude would be perfect.
Role will involve conducting performance testing on raw materials, drug substance intermediates, active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), and finished dosage forms (FDF) as well as maintaining documentation of all work performed. In additional, this scientist will be responsible for equipment upkeep. Seek diligent and reliable candidate who takes pride in a job well done. Prior experience working in a Quality Control role will be important.
This Scientist will also assist with running of lab (ensuring proper equipment upkeep) as well as developing SOPs for the dept. Seek skilled, self-directed and highly motivated candidate who will thrive.
Specific duties will include…
- Perform analytical testing of samples supporting incoming raw materials, in-process production, and finished products.
- Understand and implement GXP practices and adhere to company’s Quality Systems in all work performed, including good laboratory documentation practices, updating SOPs for analytical test methods, assays, and instruments, and reporting deviations or questionable results.
- Contribute to new method development.
- Prepare instrument buffers, chromatography mobile phases, and reagents for daily analytical laboratory use.
- Contribute to experimental design, independently execute experimental plans, and review data while providing interpretation.
- Communicate results and provide written reports in a timely and precise manner.
- Follow best laboratories practices, including maintaining updated and accurate laboratory notebooks.
- Collaborate with other scientists to develop new test methods.
- Participate in GLP studies.
- Relay any deviations or events that may impact the study to the Principal Investigator.
- Record raw data promptly and accurately.
- Follow the sample analysis protocol and appropriate procedures.
Targeted candidate will offer a related BS or MS degree and 2+ years of analytical chemistry experience including background in a Quality Control role in a pharma/industry setting.
Familiarity with most of the following instrumentations and techniques will be important:
- high performance liquid chromatography
- mass spectrometry
- gas chromatography
- ion chromatography
- ultraviolet to visible spectroscopy
- potentiometry (pH titrations)
- particle size analyzers
- basic wet chemistry
- coulometric Karl Fischer titrations
- nitric oxide detection
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy
Other priorities include:
- Ability to perform common analytical calculations (stoichiometry, molarity, solution prep, etc.).
- Ability to draft test methods, memos or reports with guidance from more experienced scientists.
Finally and critically, we seek a self-motivated team player with a strong work ethic and exceptional interpersonal skills. A lot is happening now, and the future is very bright. Seek a high achieving, intellectually-curious and highly adaptable candidate who learn, grow and thrive.
This is an immediate, Direct Hire need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center