NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
Job: Quality Engineer (Device/Combo Products) – Top $$, Frankel Staffing Partners, Research Triangle Park, NC
Quality Engineer (Device/Combo Products) – Top $$
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 United States
Our client, an RTP-based company that is developing a growing portfolio of dermatological products, is actively recruiting for a highly knowledgeable, focused and can-do Quality Engineer for key role on its top-notch team.
Key things to note:
- This is a hybrid role contributing to both product design/development and process development Quality efforts. Seek candidate with exposure to both. Design History Files, Validation, Process Transfer all required
- These are combination products – primarily semi-solid products that are delivered using pumps, tubes, etc. -
Experience with combination products or medical devices would be important
- This is an emerging company in which strategies, policies and practices are still being developed. This Engineer will be instrumental in creating the blueprint that others will follow
- This is a highly analytical role. Ability to use statistical techniques to perform Quality functions will be critical
- The focus of the role will be to perform product, process and equipment validations/qualification, medical device design and development document writing and review, and other quality related activities.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Ø Own the Change Control Program , providing technical expertise as well as partnering with other functions to assure timely and effective change management.
Ø Act as Quality Representative and primary reviewer on design and development projects
Ø Develop, deploy and execute validation programs and procedures , including scheduling and maintaining the requalification and periodic review program
Ø Work closely with Process Engineers to develop, perform, review and approve process, test method and equipment validation/qualifications , including software and automation/controls
Ø Perform product and process evaluations to identify areas for improvement .
o Recommend solutions to identified problems
o I mplement approved changes using sound quality engineering principles
o Fully document requirements
Ø Oversee and provide technical input for method development , qualification [measurement system analysis (MSA's)], as well as method transfer for all critical performance test methods.
Ø Support Risk Assessment activities including User-, Design-, and Process- FMEAS in order to proactively identify and mitigate risks through appropriate control strategies and risk mitigation
Ø Participate in design reviews and provide expert Quality/technical input to ensure potential problems are identified and corrected early in development to minimize negative impact
Ø Provide supervision for contract validation resources as needed to support the business
Ideal candidate will offer a related degree and 6+ years handling similarly challenging work in a combination product, medical device or related setting.
Other priorities include:
- In-depth knowledge of 21 CFR P Part 4, Part 11, Parts 210/211, Part 820
- Expertise in quality systems, validation principles , Computer Systems and engineering design fundamentals
- Extensive experience controlling Design History Files
- Strong statistical skill sets (i.e., Minitab, SAS, etc.)
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred Certified Six Sigma Green/Black Belt or equivalent preferred
- Familiarity with “lean” manufacturing principles and the use of appropriate Quality principles.
- Longevity and impact in previous positions
- Finally and critically, we seek a hands-on, get-things-done leader . This is a dynamic, empowered, collaborative and mission-driven setting. We seek a highly skilled overachiever who will thrive.
This is an immediate need and a critical need. Client will pay top dollar to attract and retain a star.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center