NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
Job: LMS Application Lead, Seqirus, Holly Springs, NC
LMS Application Lead
Holly Springs, NC 27539 United States
Built on 100 years of experience in influenza, Seqirus is a new global company with an exciting future. It was created in 2015 when parent company CSL Limited acquired the Novartis Influenza Vaccine business and combined it with its own longstanding influenza vaccine operations. Seqirus is currently the world’s second largest influenza vaccine company and a major partner in the prevention and control of influenza globally. It is a reliable supplier of influenza vaccine for Northern and Southern Hemisphere markets and a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and response.
Seqirus operates state-of-the-art production facilities in the US, UK and Australia, and manufactures influenza vaccines using both egg-based and cell-based technologies. It has leading R&D capabilities, a broad portfolio of differentiated products and commercial operations in more than 20 countries. In Australia and the Asia Pacific region, Seqirus is a leading provider of in-licensed vaccines and specialty pharmaceuticals. It also manufactures and markets diagnostics for immunhaemotology laboratories and is the sole supplier of a unique range of products made in the national interest for the Australian Government, including antivenoms and Q fever vaccine. Seqirus’ parent company CSL is a leading global biotherapeutics company with a dynamic portfolio of life-saving innovative medicines. It operates in over 30 countries with more than 16,000 employees.
The purpose of this role is to lead the activities and operations associated with SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) application. Key responsibilities include LMS application planning/resource management to support key business projects. The person appointed will participate in the creation and implementation of IT Application strategies and manages on-going operations for the LMS functional area. This role will be accountable for the SuccessFactors Learning Management System globally. In collaboration with the Global Training function and in line with agreed regulatory and operational parameters, this role is accountable for the management of the full System Development Life Cycle (SDLC). This will help IT ensure that its LMS services and system provided are fit for purpose and the associated documentation will meet the expectations of the business and any audit or inspection.
• Participating in the creation and implementation of global LMS application strategies that are aligned with corporate business strategy and develop application roadmaps to support the strategic direction.
• Using industry best practices, influence and guide business functional units to identify and agree future SuccessFactors LMS needs.
• Produce a clear, coherent application strategy that is aligned to both functional and business goals.
• Drive and support change through effective project delivery. Define requirements, present business cases, deliver global IT projects to expectations and with a strong commercial focus.
• Align closely with business colleagues to define and prioritize SuccessFactors LMS application requirements.
• Develop and deliver practical, workable, pragmatic and cost-effective LMS application solutions to stakeholders’ business requirements.
• Manage projects using the approved lifecycle with controls and documentation as defined by the PMO.
• Transition all projects to live with a smooth and methodical cut-over (with a rollback plan in place).
• Ensure all application documentation is kept up to date, safely stored, appropriately secured and organised.
• Manage and develop LMS, delivering continuous improvement for the organisation. Regularly - and critically - review processes and procedures with a view to improving quality, simplicity, efficiency and/or effectiveness across all areas of responsibility and the business.
• Ensure SuccessFactors LMS is available for business use according to agreed SLA
• Manage 3rd party and vendor resources as required for application support
• Ensure systems and application data have complete and proven recovery mechanisms (backups/restore/archival).
• Ensure systems have an appropriate level of resilience depending on its business use.
• Ensure systems performance and capacity is (at least) adequate for the business needs.
• Ensure systems comply with defined global standards, the group IT security policy, IT business continuity plan and quality management framework.
• Apply appropriate best practice to all aspects of IT service delivery, in line with Seqirus standards
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role including experience in a highly regulated IT environment with exposure to formal change management processes.
• Experience working in pharmaceutical / biotech industry
• Experience of project management methodologies (such as PRINCE 2 or PMI)
• Specific application experience relevant to the quality and training domain and their associated processes including Learning Management (Preferred: Success Factors)
• Quality business process knowledge
• GAMP, GxP, EMA and FDA regulations (including 21 CFR Part 11)
Preferred / desired expertise:
• Technical knowledge of integrating and operating Enterprise Applications architectures such as Documentum, Mulesoft, ADFS
• Operating with outsourced service providers in an international context
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center