NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
Job: IT Infrastructure Specialist, Seqirus, Holly Springs, NC
IT Infrastructure Specialist
Holly Springs, NC 27539 United States
Built on 100 years of experience in influenza, Seqirus is a new global company with an exciting future. It was created in 2015 when parent company CSL Limited acquired the Novartis Influenza Vaccine business and combined it with its own longstanding influenza vaccine operations. Seqirus is currently the world’s second largest influenza vaccine company and a major partner in the prevention and control of influenza globally. It is a reliable supplier of influenza vaccine for Northern and Southern Hemisphere markets and a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and response.
Seqirus operates state-of-the-art production facilities in the US, UK and Australia, and manufactures influenza vaccines using both egg-based and cell-based technologies. It has leading R&D capabilities, a broad portfolio of differentiated products and commercial operations in more than 20 countries. In Australia and the Asia Pacific region, Seqirus is a leading provider of in-licensed vaccines and specialty pharmaceuticals. It also manufactures and markets diagnostics for immunhaemotology laboratories and is the sole supplier of a unique range of products made in the national interest for the Australian Government, including antivenoms and Q fever vaccine. Seqirus’ parent company CSL is a leading global biotherapeutics company with a dynamic portfolio of life-saving innovative medicines. It operates in over 30 countries with more than 16,000 employees.
This role focuses primarily on security, compliance, quality, and enterprise operations within the Seqirus America’s IT organization. This role will be focused on the implementation of security measures set forth by global Seqirus IT and the overall protection of the Seqirus division where compliance and quality intersect. Additional focus will be in the area of infrastructure support, planning, and architecture. This will include server, storage, backup, and application layer support.
• Administer, maintain and support the localized infrastructure components for the US, Canadian and South American sites
• Ensure infrastructure design and security standards are adhered to for new and existing IT systems and services across Americas’ sites
• Contribute to decisions regarding internal and external IT vendors, soliciting quotes, scopes of works and associated documents for IT projects
• Initiate Requests for Proposals and Statements of Work to ensure adherence to IT budgetary guidelines
• Strategize with senior management on how to streamline IT processes to better provide services to the business
• Maintaining secure, resilient and scalable IT services for the local business, including operationalizing Quality, Compliance and Security policies and standards
• Drive Seqirus Americas IT initiatives around security, quality, and compliance
• Educate IT operational staff members on Seqirus Quality framework
• Implement quality and compliance standards across Americas' sites
• Interface with IT management, application owners, and quality groups.
• Provide internal and external audit support
• Maintain current education on industry quality and compliance standards.
• Provide useful reporting to IT management
• Author IT related work instructions, SOPs, IQs, or others when needed.
• Apply knowledge of compliance and quality when IT architects solutions (infra and application)
• Provide overall technical guidance and support in projects involving a variety of infrastructure technologies (e.g. server, application, data services, cloud, end-user compute, networks, security, telephony, etc.) to insure that solutions meet business and technical requirements
• Lead, develop and support technology project strategies by engaging and managing relationships with local internal and external IT services partners as well as the internal user population
• Define, create and maintain documentation on IT infrastructure
• Provide Tier 3 support as well as internal or external escalation support for IT America’s sites Service Leads
• Manage capacity and growth for the local sites’ IT infrastructure encompassing all Windows platforms, site applications, storage, and virtual environments, from planning and design to execution
• Provide useful data reports on overall status of projects, health of infrastructure to senior management
The person appointed will be responsible for organizing and implementing Seqirus IT infrastructure across new and existing sites in the US, Canada and South America. S/he will locate and manage local vendors responsible for bringing IT infrastructure services to the sites, including network, telephony, cabling, etc. while working with corporate IT colleagues to ensure adherence to design and IT standards.
• Technical or College Degree in Information Technology, Management or related field and/or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar IT infrastructure management role
• Experience required in vendor management and driving technical challenges/issues to resolutions
• Experience designing and/or troubleshooting network problems and providing superior customer service. Experience with popular computer and server OS platforms
• Experience working with network monitoring systems or equivalent experience
• Detailed understanding of IP addressing, IP routing protocols, Internet technologies and standards, Internet security issues, circuit technologies, communications engineering standards, web and network access technologies, computer office software suites
• Experience supporting and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
• Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, bridges, switches, hubs, modems, network interface cards, and so on
• Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and telecommunications principles
• Experience installing network cabling and telephony systems
• Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills
• Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required
• Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Keen attention to detail
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Strong customer service orientation
• Commitment to supporting a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center