Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Morrisville, NC 27560 United States
Research and Development
Position: Scientist I
Shattuck Labs (www.shattucklabs.com) is a preclinical-stage immunotherapy company focused on utilizing its proprietary ARC (Agonist Redirected Checkpoint) technology to develop novel treatments for use in cancer, inflammation and orphan disease. The ARC platform overcomes a number of hurdles in current cancer immunotherapeutics, and with its robust pipeline of therapeutic candidates, Shattuck Labs is positioned to succeed in the rapidly growing, and exciting field of immunotherapy.
About the Position:
Reporting to the R&D team, the Scientist I, will support the planning, development and execution of pre-clinical assays for validating products that are anticipated to enter the clinic in the near future. This role has a diverse range of requirements, necessitating wide technical and scientific skills that involve multiple techniques, projects and interfaces. The candidate must be comfortable working both independently on novel discovery based projects and also under the supervision of the R&D team. It is expected that the Scientist I has a strong foundation in immunology and cancer research, to not only perform experiments, but also contribute knowledge and ideas to future programs at Shattuck.
In addition, the Scientist I will contribute to the overall operation and maintenance of the lab; including tasks such as lab organization, ordering and stocking of reagents/supplies, equipment maintenance, mouse colony management.
1. Strong foundation in cancer/immunology research
2. Molecular characterization of new candidates; experience with ELISA, Western blot, PCR, DNA transformation/bacterial cell culture, Octet, SEC-MALS, luciferase reporter assays, live-cell imaging, and flow cytometry/FACS
3. Cell culture (mammalian - adherent and suspension); sterile technique, primary cell culture, and transfection
4. Mouse handling; tumor measurements, and ability to perform IP/IV/SC injections are a plus.
5. Computer proficiency; MS word, excel, powerpoint, Graphpad prism, flowjo, etc
6. Interact with multiple colleagues in a dynamic environment. Be willing to take on new projects outside the ‘normal’ course of business. Be highly motivated.
7. Co-author technical documentation (abstracts and manuscripts) from basic pre-clinical development
8. Analytical experience is a plus – ability to design reproducible assays for deployment at CRO/CMO/3rd party facilities. Diligent protocol documentation and record keeping is mandatory.
9. Collect and analyze data and maintain compliant records of laboratory research
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as an environment where your contributions can make a significant difference in the lives of patients.
-Ph.D. in Cancer Biology/Immunology or related field
-Candidates with 1-3 years of hands-on academic or industry research experience (postdoc or scientist level positions) are strongly preferred
-A successful candidate must possess exceptional attention to detail, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, and demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving ability.
-Must have the ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet critical deadlines and the independent initiative to solve interdisciplinary problems.
-Candidate must be sharp, self-motivated, and able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic biotech environment where flexibility, tolerability to rapid change, and drive to make a significant impact is essential.
-Must enjoy working in collaboration with others and small teams to achieve goals through effective building of relationships with co-workers.
North Carolina Biotechnology Center