NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Medical Director, Rheumatology (Global Clinical Development) – Top Dollar
Raleigh, NC 27612 United States
Our client, a highly successful and rapidly-expanding specialty pharmaceutical firm in the Raleigh, NC area, is actively recruiting for a top notch candidate to assume the Medical Director role for its Rheumatology franchise.
This is a high profile position and requires an outstanding leader.
Company will pay exceptional wage, including full relo support, for an industry star.
This Medical Director, in collaboration with other R&D stakeholders, will determine the global product development goals, strategies and tactics for the Rheumatology product line. The Medical Director will be seen as the medical expert in the therapeutic area and will partner with key team members (including external parties) to provide all development projects with high quality medical expertise and leadership.
This will include providing medical input into:
• indication selection
• assessment of current and future treatment strategies
• unmet need
• target patient population/ Target Patient Value Profile
• clinical development plans
• clinical study protocols and reports
• regulatory submission documents
Other responsibilities will include 1) the oversight of patient safety, including medical monitoring that may be outsourced to CROs as well as 2) the establishment and ongoing development of relationships with a network of Rheumatology KOLs, who can provide insight, information and influence.
Targeted candidate will be an MD with specialty training in Rheumatology and/or Immunology as well as substantial experience in the pharmaceutical industry, including significant global clinical development experience in Phase 2 and 3 in Rheumatology/Immunology indications. Other priorities include:
• Profound knowledge of clinical development, including regulatory framework
• Strong data-driven thinking and ability to interpret medical/scientific data and clinical relevance
• Strong motivation by medical/scientific excellence and creation of differentiated patient value
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external key stakeholders (including executives and board members)
• Experience as medical expert in interactions with regulatory authorities
• Experience in clinical practice in relevant discipline preferred
In addition to exceptional scientific, regulatory and clinical development/practices credentials, we seek a candidate with a rich track record of exceptional Medical Leadership; a candidate with a strong global orientation, a take-charge, make-things-happen leadership style and astute and adaptive project and people management skills. A lot is happening and we seek a significant contributor. Longevity and record of impact in previous positions will be important.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.
North Carolina Biotechnology Center