NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
Job: Molecular Genetics Technologist Team Leader, LabCorp, Durham, NC
Molecular Genetics Technologist Team Leader
Durham, NC 27709 United States
medical, dental, vision, 401k with company contribution, and much more!
The Integrated Genetics division of LabCorp is seeking a Molecular Genetics Team Leader to join their Molecular Genetics team! Assays performed in the Molecular Genetics Department utilize a variety of scientific techniques, including PCR, fragment analysis, and gel electrophoresis.
This position will have 1st shift hours from 8:00AM to 4:30PM, Sunday - Thursday.
* Perform PCR-based genetic testing in accordance with standard operating procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of various genetic conditions
* Assist department operational leadership with overseeing daily laboratory operations:
* Coordinate the work of other testing staff in the department; prioritizing, assigning and reviewing work
* Notify management of problem areas or issues in the lab
* Assist supervisor in employee actions, including identifying and addressing performance issues
* Act as a liaison with support departments on technical inquiries and test results
* Attend regular management and staff meetings
* Serve as a primary trainer of new staff for the department
* Recognize problems and initiating troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures and other problems
*B.A./B.S. in Biology or related life science to include completion of 16 credit hours of Biology, 16 credit hours of Chemistry, and 3 credit hours of math required
*Minimum 7 years of experience in a Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory and 6 years experience at the Technologist level required
*Previous experience with performing PCR-based genetic testing preferred, but not required
The 7,000-acre Research Triangle Park is the largest research park in the United States, and is home to over 140 organizations (Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, and Information Technology /Telecommunications) and has around 45,000 full time employees entering the Park each day. The Research Triangle itself is named for the Triangle formed by the three universities: Duke University at Durham, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and North Carolina State University in Raleigh
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center