NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Molecular Genetics Technologist Team Leader
Durham, NC 27709 United States
medical, dental, vision, 401k with company contribution, and much more!
The Integrated Genetics division of LabCorp is seeking a Molecular Genetics Team Leader to join their Molecular Genetics team! Assays performed in the Molecular Genetics Department utilize a variety of scientific techniques, including PCR, fragment analysis, and gel electrophoresis.
This position will have 1st shift hours from 8:00AM to 4:30PM, Sunday - Thursday.
* Perform PCR-based genetic testing in accordance with standard operating procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of various genetic conditions
* Assist department operational leadership with overseeing daily laboratory operations:
* Coordinate the work of other testing staff in the department; prioritizing, assigning and reviewing work
* Notify management of problem areas or issues in the lab
* Assist supervisor in employee actions, including identifying and addressing performance issues
* Act as a liaison with support departments on technical inquiries and test results
* Attend regular management and staff meetings
* Serve as a primary trainer of new staff for the department
* Recognize problems and initiating troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures and other problems
*B.A./B.S. in Biology or related life science to include completion of 16 credit hours of Biology, 16 credit hours of Chemistry, and 3 credit hours of math required
*Minimum 7 years of experience in a Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory and 6 years experience at the Technologist level required
*Previous experience with performing PCR-based genetic testing preferred, but not required
The 7,000-acre Research Triangle Park is the largest research park in the United States, and is home to over 140 organizations (Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, and Information Technology /Telecommunications) and has around 45,000 full time employees entering the Park each day. The Research Triangle itself is named for the Triangle formed by the three universities: Duke University at Durham, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and North Carolina State University in Raleigh
North Carolina Biotechnology Center