NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Specimen Processing Technician
Morrisville, NC 27560 United States
We are a molecular information company focused on fundamentally changing the way patients with cancer are treated. Our products provide more than information. They offer hope to patients, their families and friends, their physicians and caregivers.
As a member of the Foundation Medicine team you'll work with everyone fighting the disease—patients and their families, payers, physicians, drug developers—to raise awareness about this transformation in cancer care and Foundation Medicine's role to ensure we're delivering the tools and information they need to make an impact and drive access for patients everywhere.
What makes Foundation Medicine so special?
The cancer treatment paradigm is evolving rapidly and we believe there is now widespread recognition that cancer is a disease of the genome, rather than a disease defined solely by its specific anatomical location in the body. Today, physicians increasingly use precision medicines to target cancers based on the specific genomic alterations driving their growth, but most currently available molecular diagnostic tests only reveal a few of the possible alterations. Foundation Medicine provides truly comprehensive molecular information products that can assess the broadest range of relevant genomic alterations from a patient's tumor and distill this complex molecular information into a concise and actionable format that reveals more treatment options for physicians and their patients.
We've seen the difference that our technology can make in the lives of patients, but there is still enormous potential to help even more people. In our drive to help transform the way in which patients with cancer are treated, we strive to improve every life we touch through our dedication to innovation, our commitment to people, and our passion for performance.
Foundation Medicine is dedicated to helping bring personalized cancer medicine into routine clinical practice. Harnessing advanced technology, Foundation Medicine has developed clinical laboratory tests that broadly captures the most relevant tumor genomic and other molecular information and connects it with relevant scientific and medical knowledge to help oncologists determine the right treatment for each patient. This is a diverse, fast-paced, team oriented environment integrating laboratory science, cancer genetics and genomics, process data metrics and clinical data.
Summary of Position
Our Clinical Lab is seeking several talented and highly motivated Accessioning Technicians to perform critical sample receipt and data entry functions in a fast paced CLIA certified clinical laboratory.
* of received samples.
* Perform data entry into the Foundation Medicine LIMS assigning specific computer generated identification numbers to each sample.
* Route samples into the appropriate workflow and ensure downstream staff is alerted to sample availability.
* Maintain, proper documentation of proper specimen handling, ensure accurate labeling of samples and preparation of worksheets used in sample tracking.
* Maintain specimen identification, integrity, and chain of custody throughout all department processes.
* Properly ship samples to pathology departments, reference laboratories, and within Foundation Medicine.
* Ensure full regulatory compliance, providing test results with the best possible quality. Follow all local, business unit and corporate safety policies and assure compliance of the Accessioning Lab.
* Participate in biohazard, chemical, and radiation safety and other continuing education programs. Dispose and label biohazard waste appropriately.
* Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
* Must begin and complete all assignments with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to collaborate with other departments and colleagues for problem solving
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Experience working in an accessioning department in a CLIA laboratory or clinical diagnostics setting is an advantage.
* Anatomic Pathology experience preferred.
* Must be meticulous and thorough. Attention to detail is an absolute requirement
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/k5fc88253wgv56pt
North Carolina Biotechnology Center