Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
Job: Lab Technician I, Shattuck Labs, Morrisville, NC
Lab Technician I
Morrisville, NC 27560 United States
Research and Development
Shattuck Labs (www.shattucklabs.com) is a preclinical-stage immunotherapy company focused on utilizing its proprietary ARC (Agonist Redirected Checkpoint) technology to develop novel treatments for use in cancer, inflammation and orphan disease. The ARC platform overcomes a number of hurdles in current cancer immunotherapeutics, and with its robust pipeline of therapeutic candidates, Shattuck Labs is positioned to succeed in the rapidly growing, and exciting field of immunotherapy.
About the Position:
Reporting to the R&D team, the Lab Technician I, will support all operations and maintenance of the lab; including tasks such as lab organization, mouse colony management, cleaning/stocking of glassware, chemical/solution formulation, and equipment maintenance.
In addition, the candidate will support the execution of pre-clinical assays for validating products that are anticipated to enter the clinic in the near future. This role will include tasks such as Western blot, ELISA, bacterial preps of DNA, etc. The candidate must be comfortable working both independently and also under the supervision of the R&D team.
1. Lab organization and maintenance; ordering reagents and supplies, stocking the lab with solutions/glassware, maintaining equipment service contracts.
2. Mouse colony management; cage changing/organization, breeding, weaning, genotyping, health monitoring
3. Molecular characterization of new candidates; experience with ELISA, Western blot, PCR, DNA transformation/bacterial cell culture, and flow cytometry/FACS is a plus
4. Cell culture (mammalian - adherent and suspension); sterile technique, primary cell culture, and transfection are a plus
5. Computer proficiency; MS word, excel, powerpoint, Graphpad prism, flowjo, etc
6. Interact with multiple colleagues in a dynamic environment. Be willing to take on new projects outside the ‘normal’ course of business. Be highly motivated.
7. Co-author technical documentation (abstracts and manuscripts) from basic pre-clinical development
8. Collect and analyze data and maintain compliant records of laboratory research
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as an environment where your contributions can make a significant difference in the lives of patients.
-B.S. in Biology or related field, with course work in immunology or cancer biology is a plus.
-Candidates with 1-3 years of hands-on academic or industry research experience outside of their undergraduate degree are strongly preferred
-A successful candidate must possess exceptional attention to detail, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, and demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving ability.
-Must have the ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet critical deadlines and the independent initiative to solve interdisciplinary problems.
-Candidate must be sharp, self-motivated, and able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic biotech environment where flexibility, tolerability to rapid change, and drive to make a significant impact is essential.
-Must enjoy working in collaboration with others and small teams to achieve goals through effective building of relationships with co-workers.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center