NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
Job: Immunohistochemistry Lead Technologist, Foundation Medicine, Morrisville, NC
Immunohistochemistry Lead Technologist
Morrisville, NC 27560 United States
Foundation Medicine is dedicated to bringing personalized cancer medicine into routine clinical practice. Harnessing advanced technology, Foundation Medicine has developed clinical laboratory tests that broadly capture tumor genomic/molecular information and connects it with relevant scientific and medical knowledge to help oncologists determine the right treatment for each patient. This is a diverse, fast-paced, team oriented environment integrating laboratory science, cancer genetics and genomics, process data metrics and clinical data.
Candidates should be highly motivated, confident with multi-tasking, attentive to details, have excellent organization skills, and show a history of leading high functioning teams. This position will also perform patient sample testing, equipment maintenance, solution and reagent preparation in addition to other tasks in a highly complex clinical diagnostic laboratory.
As our North Carolina facility continues to grow, we are looking for an Immunohistochemistry (IHC) Clinical Laboratory Lead Technologist that can focus on elements of our IHC testing process, validation, expansion, and IT improvements. This candidate will support the Lab Manager in the oversight of multiple IHC related processes and ideally have broad exposure and expertise in automated IHC and can interface with IT to support these process improvements.
Shift (shift differential for eves and weekends):
As a member of the Clinical Laboratory team, you will:
* Supervise day-to-day activities and workflow of the clinical histopathology/IHC laboratory.
* Perform high complexity testing according to established SOPs.
* Ensure timely completion of testing to the expected turnaround times and ensure smooth hand-offs to other shift leads.
* Maintain a deep understanding of laboratory processes in order to ensure effective troubleshooting of assays and instrumentation.
* Assist in the development of competency, training and orientation of histopathology IHC staff.
* Review and write SOPs, lab tracking forms, non-conformance reports, etc. as needed.
* Lead or coordinate reagent and assay quality control and validations as needed.
* Demonstrate commitment to meeting TAT objectives, quality metrics, key performance indicators, and ensuring an environment of continuous improvement.
* Supervise timely maintenance of equipment and other technical resources. Collaborate with internal teams, vendors, and others as needed to resolve issues, maintain ongoing functionality, and document service/PM/repair work.
* Support in collecting, maintaining, and evaluating monthly metrics and inventory related to IHC.
* Work with Client Services to resolve sample holds and ensures timely resolution of problem cases.
* Support Manager in evaluating performance, providing input to reviews, corrective action and recruitment of new hires.
* Participate on cross-functional teams to coordinate troubleshooting, process improvements, and/or implement new workflows or products.
* Serve as back-up to Manager in reviewing and approving timecards.
* As needed, flex to cover scheduling gaps and is included in the on-call rotation for additional weekend and/or holiday technical support.
* Proven track record working as a leader within a histology laboratory team.
* Experience working in a regulated clinical laboratory environment (CLIA/CAP/NYSDOH/QSR).
* Experience ensuring compliance of a clinical laboratory to regulatory standards.
* Knowledge of laboratory safety protocols.
* Ability to learn new tasks in appropriate timeframes.
* Possesses technical skills necessary to perform histopathology specimen receipt and triage, sectioning and staining, and automated IHC, including operation of the Ventana Benchmark Ultra and Dako Autostainer Link 48.
* Experience with Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
* Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Power Point.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Driven. You will be focused on the achievement of major alliance goals.
* Solutions focused. Willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way.
* Scientifically-oriented. You will enjoy learning and being involved in the content of our collaboration activities, and able to converse fluidly with internal and external team members on project goals and activities.
* Intuitive. You will have a demonstrated ability to work in the “gray zone” and anticipate challenges before they arise.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders.
* Independent. You will be able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the collaborations.
Education and Experience:
* Minimum BS in a Biological or Life Science.
* Qualifies as General Supervisor according to CAP regulations.
* 5+ years of relevant lab experience in a CLIA/CAP/GLP lab.
* HTL (ASCP) Certification or MB (ASCP) Certification obtained or eligible.
* QSR compliant lab experience preferred but not required.
What makes Foundation Medicine so special?
The cancer treatment paradigm is evolving rapidly and we believe there is now widespread recognition that cancer is a disease of the genome, rather than a disease defined solely by its specific anatomical location in the body. Today, physicians increasingly use precision medicines to target cancers based on the specific genomic alterations driving their growth, but most currently available molecular diagnostic tests only reveal a few of the possible alterations. Foundation Medicine provides truly comprehensive molecular information products that can assess the broadest range of relevant genomic alterations from a patient's tumor and distill this complex molecular information into a concise and actionable format that reveals more treatment options for physicians and their patients.
We've seen the difference that our technology can make in the lives of patients, but there is still enormous potential to help even more people. In our drive to help transform the way in which patients with cancer are treated, we strive to improve every life we touch through our dedication to innovation, our commitment to people, and our passion for performance.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/cr4vhyvzzzc7kjmz
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center