NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Analytical Chemistry Research Associate
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 United States
Research and Development
Job Description: Analytical Chemistry Research Associate
Looking for a career that lets you combine scientific excellence with creativity and commercial value?
Do you want to be included as a valued member in an interdisciplinary and diverse science team?
Do you want to share in our commitment to create a flexible, collaborative work environment that allows us to provide breakthrough service and innovative, customized solutions to our customers?
• Design, execute, and interpret experiments and studies according to company’s goals and client requests.
• Analyze data and make and record and report educated and detailed observations in compliance with the principles of Good Laboratory Practice and internal and external SOPs and requirements.
• Solve analytical chemistry problems and together with the Avazyme team create innovative and customized solutions for our clients.
• Execute customized and Standard Operating Procedures (e.g., GLP) and perform the daily tasks accurately and reliably at a high quality level and on time.
• Communicate well and in a timely fashion with the Avazyme team, team leaders and study directors, collaborators, and clients.
• Maintain, calibrate, and validate laboratory equipment and work areas in good working condition.
• Continuously seek to expand knowledge, read and understand scientific literature, and be able to quickly learn new techniques, instrumentation, software, procedures, rules and regulations.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Experience with bioanalytical data acquisition and processing software (e.g., Chem Station, Chromeleon, Analyst, statistics software)
• Experience with bioanalytical techniques such as HPLC/UPLC, Gas chromatography, UV/VIS, mass spectrometry
• Experience working in a GMP or GLP environment (EPA GLPs or OECD GLPs preferred) and under ISO 17025 quality standards with successful proficiency tests for analytical methods for nutrients, pesticide residues, mycotoxins, vitamins, food adulterants, or cannabinoids.
• Experience in following proper safety regulations regarding chemicals and biological hazards.
• A proven track record of the ability to perform method transfer, adaptation, validation, and qualification protocols in a timely fashion.
• Proficiency in basic computer skills and Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Well organized and able to multitask with a flexible work schedule (including weekends and holidays depending on client project needs and timelines)
• Associate Degree in Biotechnology, Bioprocessing, or Fermentation Technology, Analytical Chemistry, B.A. or B.S. degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Food Science
North Carolina Biotechnology Center