NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Process Engineer II / III
Holly Springs, NC 27540 United States
Are you looking for a rewarding career in a market-leading and innovative company?
Seqirus is the new global company created from the combined strength and expertise of bioCSL and the influenza vaccines business formerly owned by Novartis. In July 2015, bioCSL and the influenza vaccines of Novartis joined forces to create what is now the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world. With extensive research and production expertise and manufacturing plants in the US, UK, Germany and Australia, Seqirus is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
Currently for our Manufacturing Facility in Holly Springs we are looking for the Process Engineer II / III. The role will provide technical/engineering support for site manufacturing operations including but not limited to cell culture, harvest, purification, formulation, buffer / media preparation, CIP operations and process utilities to support on-going commercial manufacturing operations. Responsibilities will include equipment/process troubleshooting as well as ongoing performance analysis to improve overall equipment reliability. Additional responsibilities will include design, procurement, installation and start-up of systems to support operations as needed.
Process Engineer II / III
• Seeks out and implements performance and reliability improvements to positively impact production rates, efficiencies, and costs.
• Troubleshoots complex equipment related issues and develops sound engineering solutions to address identified problems.
• Own or support change control to support complex engineering projects as well as leading cross functional teams.
• Supports major deviation investigations.
• Provides project management and technical expertise for the design, procurement, fabrication and commissioning phases associated with the custom systems and new or modified GMP manufacturing facilities.
• Plans the execution of start-up and commissioning activities on assigned systems or areas.
• Support the development of engineering standards and best practices.
• BS Engineering or related engineering field with applicable experience.
• Minimum 3+ years’ related industry experience required, preferred 5+ years’ experience with direct process engineering experience across multiple production unit operations.
• Direct experience with regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, OSHA, EPA) required
• Design experience or owners experience in process systems utilized in a biopharmaceutical or vaccine manufacturing process
• Established troubleshooting proficiency with complex, automated process systems
• Detailed knowledge of the process for cell culture and purification. Clean utilities, CIP, and formulation experience a plus as well as experience with automated DCS systems such as DeltaV is a plus.
North Carolina Biotechnology Center