NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Morrisville, NC 27560 United States
Foundation Medicine is leading a transformation in cancer care, where each patient's treatment is informed by a deep understanding of the molecular changes that contribute to their disease.
As a molecular information company, we are focused on fundamentally changing the way in which patients with cancer are treated. Our products provide more than information. They offer hope to patients, their families and friends, their physicians and caregivers.
As a member of the Foundation Medicine team you'll work with everyone fighting the disease—patients and their families, payers, physicians, drug developers—to raise awareness about this transformation in cancer care and Foundation Medicine's role to ensure we're delivering the tools and information they need to make an impact and drive access for patients everywhere.
Headquartered in the heart of Cambridge, MA, with an additional testing site located in Research Triangle Park, NC, we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and with our rapid growth, ample career opportunities.
What makes Foundation Medicine so special?
The cancer treatment paradigm is evolving rapidly and we believe there is now widespread recognition that cancer is a disease of the genome, rather than a disease defined solely by its specific anatomical location in the body. Today, physicians increasingly use precision medicines to target cancers based on the specific genomic alterations driving their growth, but most currently available molecular diagnostic tests only reveal a few of the possible alterations. Foundation Medicine provides truly comprehensive molecular information products that can assess the broadest range of relevant genomic alterations from a patient's tumor and distill this complex molecular information into a concise and actionable format that reveals more treatment options for physicians and their patients.
We've seen the difference that our technology can make in the lives of patients, but there is still enormous potential to help even more people. In our drive to help transform the way in which patients with cancer are treated, we strive to improve every life we touch through our dedication to innovation, our commitment to people, and our passion for performance.
Your impact on the patient journey:
The Facilities Engineer is responsible for maintaining building, laboratory and office infrastructure at our RTP site to ensure the efficient delivery of patient test results. Responsibilities for this role include planned maintenance, repairs and operation of core building infrastructure and support for capital projects and other Facilities Operations activities. The Facilities Engineer will be responsible for utilizing and maintaining records and workflows in the CMMS (Maximo), creating operational SOP's, assisting in start-up and operation of equipment and systems with effective collaboration and support to other functional areas such as Laboratory Operations, QA Validation, Automation and R&D.
* This role will be heavily involved with building and developing a high performing and operationally excellent building and workplace service support program.
* Collaborates with Procurement and Facilities in procurement and maintenance partnerships with OEMs, and other maintenance vendors, to maximize service levels and efficiencies for building systems management.
* Ensure a safe work environment is maintained through adherence to environmental and health safety guidelines, compliance and policies.
* Maintains vendor relationships and support development and execution of laboratory and EHS training for onsite or external service technicians and OEM personnel.
* Support installation, repair, and troubleshooting for a wide range of building and infrastructure equipment used by all functions in a CLIA, QSR and GMP environment. This includes all and not limited to MEP, BMS, HVAC, Fire, systems. May be required to support on-call duties on a rotational basis.
* Ensure timely review of GMP / regulated records and work performed accurately and in compliance for GMP, QSR, CLIA and other environments.
* Assists with initiating, developing and maintaining maintenance and calibration work orders and spare parts inventory systems, work request notification system, asset management and a risk-based preventative maintenance system, ensuring work is performed in accordance with established procedures.
* Maintains GMP files for building equipment and instrument data, work orders, service reports, calibration certificates and other related documentation as well, executes good documentation practices.
* Performs day to day checks and maintenance activities for building operation and oversees external resources contracted for various maintenance work.
* Collaborates and participates in global Facilities and EHS objectives, initiatives and strategies
* Excellent communication and customer service skills—both upwards and downwards and outside the company. Ability to lead and communicate orally, in written documents, is required.
* Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation engineering certification required.
* A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent level of professional education and/or experience is preferred.
* At least 3 years' experience working in the Pharmaceutical or Device/Molecular Technology industry.
* Competency in Maximo and experience in GMP validated environments is required
* Must be self-driven to exceed expectation and seek continuous improvement.
* Experience with commissioning and validation activities is desirable.
* Driven. You will be focused on the achievement of major alliance goals.
* Solutions focused. Willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way.
* Intuitive. You will have a demonstrated ability to work in the “gray zone” and anticipate challenges before they arise.
* Process-oriented, yet flexible. You will appreciate and be able to create and drive process, and at the same time recognize when rules are meant to be bent.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders.
* Independent. You will be able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the collaborations.
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine is a molecular information company dedicated to a transformation in cancer care in which treatment is informed by a deep understanding of the genomic changes that contribute to each patient's unique cancer. The company's initial clinical product, FoundationOne™, is a fully informative genomic profile to identify a patient's individual molecular alterations and match them with relevant targeted therapies and clinical trials. Foundation Medicine's molecular information platform aims to improve day-to-day care for patients by serving the needs of clinicians, academic researchers and drug developers to help advance the science of molecular medicine in cancer.
Note to Employment Agencies
Foundation Medicine values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners and will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Foundation Medicine who is not a member of the Human Resources team.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/y89mnbv6x6v2gqg7
North Carolina Biotechnology Center