Facilities & Maintenance
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
Job: Materials and Asset Manager, Foundation Medicine, Morrisville, NC
Materials and Asset Manager
Morrisville, NC 27560 United States
Facilities & Maintenance
Foundation Medicine is leading a transformation in cancer care, where each patient's treatment is informed by a deep understanding of the molecular changes that contribute to their disease.
As a molecular information company, we are focused on fundamentally changing the way in which patients with cancer are treated. Our products provide more than information. They offer hope to patients, their families and friends, their physicians and caregivers.
As a member of the Foundation Medicine team you'll work with everyone fighting the disease—patients and their families, payers, physicians, drug developers—to raise awareness about this transformation in cancer care and Foundation Medicine's role to ensure we're delivering the tools and information they need to make an impact and drive access for patients everywhere.
Headquartered in the heart of Cambridge, MA, with an additional testing site located in Research Triangle Park, NC, we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and with our rapid growth, ample career opportunities.
What makes Foundation Medicine so special?
The cancer treatment paradigm is evolving rapidly and we believe there is now widespread recognition that cancer is a disease of the genome, rather than a disease defined solely by its specific anatomical location in the body. Today, physicians increasingly use precision medicines to target cancers based on the specific genomic alterations driving their growth, but most currently available molecular diagnostic tests only reveal a few of the possible alterations. Foundation Medicine provides truly comprehensive molecular information products that can assess the broadest range of relevant genomic alterations from a patient's tumor and distill this complex molecular information into a concise and actionable format that reveals more treatment options for physicians and their patients.
We've seen the difference that our technology can make in the lives of patients, but there is still enormous potential to help even more people. In our drive to help transform the way in which patients with cancer are treated, we strive to improve every life we touch through our dedication to innovation, our commitment to people, and our passion for performance.
Your impact on the patient journey:
The Laboratory Materials and Asset Manager is responsible for maintaining laboratory inventory and developing and maintaining the servicing, maintenance and calibrations of all laboratory instruments identified as part of the services program to ensure the efficient delivery of patient test results.
• This role will be heavily involved with implementing a high performing and operationally excellent laboratory equipment service support program supporting a CLIA, QSR and GMP environment.
• Order reagents and consumables based on laboratory usage rates and product lead time; maintain inventory accuracy and investigate discrepancies.
• Collaborates with Procurement and Facilities in procurement and maintenance partnerships with OEMs, and other vendors, to maximize service levels and efficiencies for laboratory management.
• Ensure a safe work environment is maintained through adherence to environmental and health safety guidelines and policies.
• Support installation, repair, and troubleshooting for a wide range of instrumentation and equipment used by all functions in a CLIA, QSR and GMP environment. May be required to support on-call duties on a rotational basis.
• Ensure timely review of GMP / regulated records and work performed accurately and in compliance for GMP, QSR, CLIA and other environments.
• Provides support to Laboratory and Finance groups in the management and creation of data reports and metrics and assisting in development and adherence to a comprehensive equipment life cycle asset management.
• Assists with initiating, developing and maintaining equipment and calibration work orders and spare parts inventory systems, work request notification system, asset management and a risk-based preventative maintenance system, ensuring work is performed in accordance with established procedures.
• Maintains GMP files for equipment and instrument data, work orders, service reports, calibration certificates and other related documentation as well, executes good documentation practices.
• Create and revise applicable SOP's and Work Plans as needed.
• Provide project support as a subject matter expert in the areas of metrology (ISO 17025).
• Excellent communication skills—both upwards and downwards and outside the company. Ability to lead and communicate orally, in written documents, and in formal presentations is required.
• A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent level of professional education and/or experience is preferred.
• At least 3 years' experience working in the Pharmaceutical or Medical Device/Molecular Technology industry.
• Strong ERP systems knowledge.
• General knowledge of cost effective inventory principles and management with previous inventory experience.
• IATA and DOT training is preferred.
• Competency in Maximo and experience in GMP validated environments is required.
• Experience with commissioning and validation activities is desirable.
• Driven. You will be focused on the achievement of major alliance goals.
• Solutions focused. Willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way.
• Intuitive. You will have a demonstrated ability to work in the “gray zone” and anticipate challenges before they arise.
• Process-oriented, yet flexible. You will appreciate and be able to create and drive process, and at the same time recognize when rules are meant to be bent.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders.
• Independent. You will be able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the collaborations.
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine is a molecular information company dedicated to a transformation in cancer care in which treatment is informed by a deep understanding of the genomic changes that contribute to each patient's unique cancer. The company's initial clinical product, FoundationOne™, is a fully informative genomic profile to identify a patient's individual molecular alterations and match them with relevant targeted therapies and clinical trials. Foundation Medicine's molecular information platform aims to improve day-to-day care for patients by serving the needs of clinicians, academic researchers and drug developers to help advance the science of molecular medicine in cancer.
Note to Employment Agencies
Foundation Medicine values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners and will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Foundation Medicine who is not a member of the Human Resources team.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/t65pncsx9wgjxgpv
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center