Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
Job: Lab Research Analyst II, Duke Human Vaccine Institute, Durham, NC
Lab Research Analyst II
Durham, NC 27710 United States
Research and Development
RESEARCH ANALYST II, DHVI
The Duke Human Vaccine Institute (DHVI) continues to lead with cutting edge research to combat infectious diseases that impact global health. The investigators at the DHVI conduct basic and translational research to develop novel vaccines, therapeutics and diagnostics for diseases such as HIV-1, tuberculosis, influenza, malaria, Ebola, cytomegalovirus, Zika, etc.
With a new Pandemic Prevention Program (P3), we will be combining DHVI investigator’s world-class expertise in virology, immunology and clinical good manufacturing practice (CGMP) to create a fully integrated platform capable of responding to a viral pandemic threat. One aspect of the program will focus on virus isolation, propagation and quantification and is led by the Manager of the RBL Virology Unit.
We are recruiting a Research Analyst II to work with the Virology Manager to oversee and perform the day-to-day research laboratory activities to meet the specific goals of this exciting new DHVI program:
• Manage and perform day-to-day research activities to meet the scientific goals of the program.
• Design experiments, manage and complete assigned studies and projects, perform assays as required, and provide related training and support to lab personnel.
• Evaluate and interpret collected data and prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
• Confer with principal investigator/unit manager in developing plans for research projects and to discuss the interpretation of results and the preparation of scientific manuscripts for publication.
• Review journals, abstracts and scientific literature to keep abreast of new developments and to obtain information regarding previous experiments to aid in the design and development of original procedures and techniques.
• Manage and complete all assigned tasks/projects in accordance with standardized operating procedures and in full compliance with safety protocols.
• Complete and maintain necessary documentation of raw data and research activities according to standardized record keeping in real time.
• Oversee project ordering, inventory, equipment maintenance, and general laboratory organization while ensuing appropriate cost compliance.
• Manage junior level technician including oversight of training, completion of tasks and project management.
• Required to fully perform all tasks associated with animal models of viral infection in multiple species including but not limited to ferrets.
• Perform additional duties as requested by Virology Unit Manager and Scientific/Administrative Directors.
Bachelors’ degree in biology, virology, microbiology or other related scientific field, Masters’ degree preferred.
4 years related virology or microbiology research.
The successful applicant must be eligible for and willing to:
• Complete external certification for independent work at BSL3 and ABSL3
• Work with infectious biological agents (viruses) handled at BSL2 and BSL3
• Work with infected animals handled at ABSL2 and ABSL3
• Comply with vaccination requirements
• Complete Tier 1 Select Agent registration
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center