Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Research Technician II
Durham, NC 27710 United States
Research and Development
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II, DHVI
The Duke Human Vaccine Institute (DHVI) continues to lead with cutting edge research to combat infectious diseases that impact global health. The investigators at the DHVI conduct basic and translational research to develop novel vaccines, therapeutics and diagnostics.
With a new Pandemic Prevention Program (P3), we will be combining DHVI investigators’ world-class expertise in virology, immunology and clinical good manufacturing practice to create a fully integrated platform capable of responding to a viral pandemic threat. One aspect of the program will focus on testing novel therapeutic strategies in small animal models (mice and ferrets) in the Duke Regional Biocontainment Laboratory.
We are recruiting a Research Technician II to perform the day-to-day research laboratory activities to meet the specific goals of this exciting new program and other funded programs in the DHVI/Duke RBL to develop vaccines and therapeutics for infectious diseases.
• Perform all tasks associated with small animal models of treatment/challenge in multiple species including, but not limited to, mice and ferrets.
• Prepare samples for and perform immunological assays including, but not limited to, ELISA and gene expression arrays.
• Confer with Principal Investigator / Immunology Unit Manager to review work assignments and develop plans for experiments; make minor modifications to existing laboratory procedures and techniques to meet the needs of the particular study as required.
• General laboratory maintenance including but not limited to: waste processing, glassware cleaning, laboratory organization, preparation of solutions, ordering/preparation/stocking of consumables and reagents as needed, maintaining accurate inventory of refrigerator and freezer contents.
• Attend all required training.
• Manage and complete all assigned tasks/projects in accordance with standardized operating procedures and in full compliance with safety protocols.
• Complete and maintain necessary documentation of research activities according to standardized record keeping in real time.
• Collect and organize raw data into reports for interpretation and analysis.
• Perform additional duties as requested by direct supervisor, Immunology Unit Manager and Scientific/Administrative Directors.
Bachelors’ degree in biology, virology, microbiology, or other related scientific field.
No experience is required over the education requirements. Experience related to virology or microbiology research is preferred.
North Carolina Biotechnology Center