NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Road Morrisville, NC 27560 United States
Foundation Medicine is seeking talented and highly motivated Histotechnologists to perform routine testing in a high complexity clinical diagnostic laboratory. As a part of our lab team you will be integral to Foundation Medicines' culture and mission of transforming cancer care by allowing patients to make informed treatment decisions based on a deep understanding of the molecular changes that contribute to their disease. To join our team, you need to be driven to have an impact on the lives of the patients we serve, results oriented, adaptable, dedicated and enthusiastic.
• Maintain, proper documentation including proper specimen handling, labeling and preparation of worksheets.
• Ensure full regulatory compliance, providing test results with the best possible quality.
• Maintain adequate stock and efficient use of supplies necessary for performing all procedures, and preparation of reagents as required.
• Apply knowledge of good laboratory practice on a daily basis.
• Accession clinical and research study patient samples into the Foundation Medicine LIMS.
• Operate a microtome and/or cryostat to produce slides or curls from FFPE blocks.
• Utilize knowledge and clinical laboratory experience to perform routine and complex histolopathology techniques, including H&E and special stains, immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization, in an accurate and timely manner..
• Perform routine digital pathology techniques including scanning of stained slides with the Aperio ScanScope system, measuring tissue dimensions and recording all data in the FMI LIMS.
• Prepare and initiate samples for overnight DNA extraction digestion.
• Perform QC where required.
• Perform the assigned tests or components of the test in accordance with assay run schedule, always in compliance with written SOPs.
• Score, record, and provide patient assay data to lab directors, pathologists and/or supervisors accurately and within TAT.
• Participate in biohazard, chemical, and radiation safety and other continuing education programs.
• Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum BS in a Biological Science (ASCP certified would be an advantage).
• At least 1+ years of clinical laboratory experience, including 1 year of FFPE tissue sectioning.
• Working knowledge of routine histological techniques is essential, working knowledge of high complexity techniques would be an advantage.
• At least 2 year of microtome experience sectioning of FFPE tissue.
• Experience working with Automated Immunohistochemistry (IHC) to include both the Dako Autostainer Link 48 by Agilent Technologies and the Ventana benchmark Ultra Staining System by Roche.
• Equivalent experience considered.
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine is leading a transformation in cancer care, where each patient's treatment is informed by a deep understanding of the molecular changes that contribute to their disease.
As a molecular information company, we are focused on fundamentally changing the way in which patients with cancer are treated. Our products provide more than information. They offer hope to patients, their families and friends, their physicians and caregivers.
As a member of the Foundation Medicine team you'll work with everyone fighting the disease—patients and their families, payers, physicians, drug developers—to raise awareness about this transformation in cancer care and Foundation Medicine's role to ensure we're delivering the tools and information they need to make an impact and drive access for patients everywhere.
Note to Employement Agencies
The cancer treatment paradigm is evolving rapidly and we believe there is now widespread recognition that cancer is a disease of the genome, rather than a disease defined solely by its specific anatomical location in the body. Today, physicians increasingly use precision medicines to target cancers based on the specific genomic alterations driving their growth, but most currently available molecular diagnostic tests only reveal a few of the possible alterations. Foundation Medicine provides truly comprehensive molecular information products that can assess the broadest range of relevant genomic alterations from a patient's tumor and distill this complex molecular information into a concise and actionable format that reveals more treatment options for physicians and their patients.
We've seen the difference that our technology can make in the lives of patients, but there is still enormous potential to help even more people. In our drive to help transform the way in which patients with cancer are treated, we strive to improve every life we touch through our dedication to innovation, our commitment to people, and our passion for performance.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/ky7j4b7hbt7jbh9b
North Carolina Biotechnology Center