NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Histology Lead Technologist
Morrisville, NC 27560 United States
Foundation Medicine is dedicated to bringing personalized cancer medicine into routine clinical practice. Harnessing advanced technology, Foundation Medicine has developed clinical laboratory tests that broadly capture tumor genomic/molecular information and connects it with relevant scientific and medical knowledge to help oncologists determine the right treatment for each patient. This is a diverse, fast-paced, team oriented environment integrating laboratory science, cancer genetics and genomics, process data metrics and clinical data.
Candidates should be highly motivated, confident with multi-tasking, attentive to details, have excellent organization skills, and show a history of leading high functioning teams. This position will also perform patient sample microtomy and embedding, equipment maintenance, solution and reagent preparation in addition to other tasks in a highly complex clinical diagnostic laboratory.
As our North Carolina facility continues to grow, we are looking for a Histology Clinical Laboratory Lead Technologist that can focus primarily on elements of our histology testing processes. This candidate will support the Lab Manager in the oversight of this histology team on the bench, keeping task and TAT a priority and ideally have broad exposure and expertise in histology.
Shift (shift differential for eves and weekends):
* Monday-Friday (11am-7:30pm)
As a member of the Clinical Laboratory team, you will:
* Supervise day-to-day activities and workflow of the clinical histopathology laboratory and performs daily activities, as needed.
* Maintain a deep understanding of laboratory processes in order to ensure effective troubleshooting of assays and instrumentation. Ensure team members also have the necessary training and understanding to effectively carry out these duties.
* Ensure timely completion of testing to the expected turnaround times and ensures smooth hand-offs to other shift leads.
* Collaborate with other team leads/supervisors/managers in assigning work/developing rotational schedules and assigning team duties.
* Lead or coordinate reagent and assay quality control and validations, as needed.
* Support in collecting, maintaining, and evaluating monthly metrics and inventory.
* Work with Client Services to resolve sample holds and ensures timely resolution of problem cases.
* Supervise timely maintenance of equipment and other technical resources. Collaborate with internal teams, vendors, and others as needed to resolve issues, maintain ongoing functionality, and document service/PM/repair work.
* Demonstrate commitment to meeting TAT objectives, quality metrics, key performance indicators, and ensuring an environment of continuous improvement.
* Serve as back-up to Manager in reviewing and approving timecards.
* Assist in the development of competency, training and orientation of histopathology staff.
* Support Manager in evaluating performance, providing input to reviews, corrective action and recruitment of new hires.
* As needed, flex to cover scheduling gaps and is included in the on-call rotation for additional weekend and/or holiday technical support.
* Participate on cross-functional teams to coordinate troubleshooting, process improvements, and/or implement new workflows or products.
* Proven track record working as a leader within a histology laboratory team.
* Experience working in a regulated clinical laboratory environment (CLIA/CAP/NYSDOH/QSR)
* Experience ensuring compliance of a clinical laboratory to regulatory standards.
* Knowledge of laboratory safety protocols.
* Ability to learn new tasks in appropriate timeframes.
* Possesses technical skills necessary to perform histopathology specimen receipt and triage; sectioning and staining.
* Experience with Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
* Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Power Point.
* Excellent communication skills.
* You will be focused on the achievement of major alliance goals.
* Solutions focused. Willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way.
* Scientifically-oriented. You will enjoy learning and being involved in the content of our collaboration activities, and able to converse fluidly with internal and external team members on project goals and activities.
* Intuitive. You will have a demonstrated ability to work in the “gray zone” and anticipate challenges before they arise.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders.
* Independent. You will be able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the collaborations.
Education or Experience
* Minimum BS in a Biological or Life Science
* Qualifies as General Supervisor according to CAP regulations
* 5-7+ years of relevant lab experience in a CLIA/CAP/GLP lab
* HTL (ASCP) Certification or MB (ASCP) Certification obtained or eligible within 6 mos
* QSR compliant lab experience preferred but not required
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/26mjkpg7ndx6hqqz
North Carolina Biotechnology Center