NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Associate Manager, Pre-Analytical Services
Durham, NC 27701 United States
The Pre-Analytical department conducts or oversees activities for accessioning and specimen management. The manager is expected to manage the activities, operations and performance of the Pre-Analytical department to ensure daily requirements of the department are being met. Additionally, the incumbent should foster employee growth, track team performance, plan for department growth, sustain quality, and drive new department initiatives.
* Ensure that daily requirements of the department are met through planning coordination and operational leadership.
* Make decisions as necessary to sustain the continuity of the business.
* Demonstrate advanced domain knowledge in areas of accessioning, sample management, logistics and regulatory practices.
* Ensure processes and daily operations are meeting required regulatory standards and ensuring the integrity of specimens.
* Maintain established metrics to gauge performance and future growth outlooks.
* Drive continuous process improvement in departmental or company initiatives.
* Continually communicate department strategies, performance, and areas of focus to Sr. management.
* Oversee the training of all employees and requirements to sustain compliance.
* Foster a unified environment leading to increase employee engagement.
* Promote employee growth and professional development as it relates to the business.
* Manage quality incidences which may include disciplinary.
* Work across departments on company initiatives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices, Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) and any other governing regulatory requirements.
* Understanding of basic biology (i.e. RNA, DNA)
* Proficiency in operational management as it relates to specimen management and Accessioning.
* Proficiency in working with Microsoft products (word, excel, project)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills, and close attention to detail are essential.
* Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously and independently.
* Demonstrated “everyday leadership” skills.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree with experience in accessioning or specimen management. Prior experience of working in a regulated lab and managing direct reports.
* Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
* Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
* Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
* May require occasional travel.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
North Carolina Biotechnology Center