Research and Development
Home / Jobs
Job: Associate Scientist (Analytical Chemistry) – Emerging Pharma, Frankel Staffing Partners, Raleigh, NC
Associate Scientist (Analytical Chemistry) – Emerging Pharma
Raleigh, NC 27612 United States
Research and Development
Our client, a Raleigh area emerging pharmaceutical company with multiple products in development, is actively recruiting for a very bright and capable Associate Scientist to join its R&D team.
This company is developing several cutting edge products in the dermatologic space. This Associate Scientist will be responsible for testing of raw materials, drug substance intermediates, active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), and finished dosage forms (FDF). He/she will also assist with the running of the lab and related equipment as well as helping to develop SOPs for this emerging company. Seek broadly skilled candidate who will thrive.
Specific duties will include…
• Perform routine analytical testing of samples supporting incoming raw materials, in-process production, and finished products
• Implement GXP practices, generating/updating Standard Operating Procedures for analytical test methods, assays, and instruments.
• Prepare instrument buffers, chromatography mobile phases, and reagents for daily analytical laboratory use.
• Contribute to experimental design, independently execute experimental plans, and review data while providing some interpretation.
• Communicate results and provide written reports in a timely and precise manner.
• Follow best laboratories practices, including maintaining updated and accurate laboratory notebooks.
• Collaborate with more experienced scientists to develop new test methods.
• Participate in GLP studies. Be knowledgeable of the applicable GLP requirements
o Relay any deviations or events that may impact the study to the Principal Investigator
o Record raw data promptly and accurately.
o Follow the sample analysis protocol and appropriate procedures.
Targeted candidate will offer a related BS or MS degree and 1+ years of pharmaceutical industry or analytical chemistry experience directly relevant to the responsibilities of the position.
Other priorities include:
? Familiarity with: gas chromatography, Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy, high performance liquid chromatography, ion chromatography, ultraviolet to visible spectroscopy, viscometer, pH meter, particle size analyzers, Graphite Furnace-Atomic Absorption, basic wet chemistry, coulometric Karl Fischer titrations and Thermal Gravimetric Analyzer.
? Ability to perform common analytical calculations (stoichiometry, molarity, solution prep, etc.).
? Ability to draft test methods, memos or reports with guidance from more experienced scientists.
Finally and critically, we seek a candidate who will thrive in this fast-paced, highly dynamic setting in which priorities change frequently, information is sometimes ambiguous and interruptions are high. A lot is happening and we seek a candidate who is excited to be part of it. The future is very bright.
This position will begin as contract, with substantial long-term potential. Initial wage will be in the $40-50k range.
Local candidates only. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center