Home / Jobs
Job: Formulations Scientist, Precision BioSciences, inc., Durham, NC
Durham, NC 27701 United States
Research and Development
Precision BioSciences’ is currently seeking to fill the role of Formulations Associate Scientist/Scientist as it grows its Therapeutic Discovery Team. The Scientist is responsible for implementing strategies to provide proof-of-concept data for formulating and delivering nucleic acids encoding ARCUS nucleases for potential therapeutic applications. Primary responsibilities will include:
o Develop protocols and processes for the formulation and delivery of nucleic acids (RNA/DNA) encoding ARCUS nucleases
o Design and execute proof-of-concept experiments to formulate and deliver ARCUS nucleases.
o Develop analytics for evaluating nucleic acid/nanoparticle formulations
o Provide well characterized test materials to internal and external collaborators.
o Manage test product inventory; collect, organize, and interpret process and characterization data
o Contribute to the design and execution of in vitro and in vivo experiments
o Maintain the laboratory facilities and equipment. Operate, calibrate, qualify and maintain general laboratory instruments as needed.
o Report to Director of Formulations
o Communicate data to Director of Formulations and to R &D team through written reports, presentations, and informal interactions
o Participate in manuscript preparation for publication in scientific journals
o Interface with external partners to transfer technology into and out of Precision BioSciences’. Interact with functional counterparts in partner organizations to ensure project success
o Maintain accurate lab documentation to ensure product quality and patentability of new inventions
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years hands on analytical or QC experience,
• Master’s degree with a minimum of 2 years related experience, or PhD with 1 year industry experience
• Hands on experience with drug formulation -nucleic acid delivery and/or nano particle experience a plus
• Familiarity with FDA pharmaceutical quality requirements (cGMP and GLP)
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
• The ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific journals. Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
• Flexibility to perform the small tasks as well as the big tasks while working in a rapidly developing environment.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center