Research and Development
Home / Jobs
Job: Research Scientist/Quality Control (Polymers/Analytical Testing), Frankel Staffing Partners, Raleigh, NC
Research Scientist/Quality Control (Polymers/Analytical Testing)
Raleigh, NC 27612 United States
Research and Development
Our client, a Raleigh area company that is developing cutting edge Class III devices for surgical procedures, is actively recruiting for a very bright, capable and knowledgeable scientist to assume key role on its R&D team.
This is an outstanding opportunity with one of the fastest growing companies in the Triangle. Initial products are on the market, a second product is near launch and the pipeline is rich. The Raleigh office is expanding to meet increased demands, and the future is very bright.
This is a hybrid role that will involve R&D/preclinical functions as well as QC testing of finished product. Both functions will require consistent and compliant documentation habits. Seek quality-driven scientist, with GMP/GLP lab experience, who will bring excellence to all.
Specific duties will include:
Lab Research - wet chemistry techniques and pre-clinical experimentation, and related documentation
• Provide technical lab support such as formulation development, experimental design, manufacturing support, and test method validations
• Test and evaluate product formulations using analytical techniques and performance assays. Perform tolerance and stability testing as required
• Design of experiments execution to establish formulation and manufacturing critical parameters
• Participate in formulation development and scale up work
• Validate novel test methods (including IR, FTIR, HPLC, GPC, GC, LC, titrations) to characterize prepolymers, polymers, degradants and extractants
• Perform data analysis, record keeping, protocol and report preparation, and laboratory maintenance
• Perform analytical, physical and functional testing of products
Quality Control - test methods on finished product, and related documentation
• Perform analytical and physical tests on samples using instrumentation and equipment including HPLC, GPC, rheometers, titrators, and Instron
• Perform calculations to measure such factors as shear force, viscosity, purity/composition, gel point, and visual appearance utilizing documented test methods
• Perform calibration and maintenance of general test equipment
• Collect and record results of sampling and testing
• Revise and update standard operating procedures as needed
All activities are performed and documented in a cGMP/cGLP and ISO 13485 environment.
Targeted candidate will offer a scientific degree and 2+ years of experience in a lab, handling duties similar to those cited above including analytical testing, protocol prep, test method design, etc. Exceptional documentation habits expected and required. Some background in a Quality Control function is also needed. Industry experience is preferred, but will consider exceptional candidate who has handled similar duties in an academic setting.
In addition, we seek a candidate who will work exceedingly well in this dynamic, empowered and collaborative start-up environment. Team members are hands-on, flexible and mission-driven. We seek a candidate who combines the scientific knowledge with the attitude, versatility, and commitment to thrive.
This is a Direct Hire role and an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center