Home / Jobs
Job: QC Associate/Lab Tech (Biotech) - $18-25/hour (Contract to Start/Recent Gra, Frankel Staffing Partners, Durham, NC
QC Associate/Lab Tech (Biotech) - $18-25/hour (Contract to Start/Recent Gra
Durham, NC 27701 United States
Our client, a Durham-based biotech in high growth mode, has an immediate need on its Quality Control team. This is a contract role with the possibility of extension/permanent hire. If you or someone you know would be interested, we would be eager to connect with you.
This company is developing cutting-edge products in the dermatological space. The QC team is responsible for conducting performance testing on raw materials, drug substance intermediates, active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), and finished dosage forms (FDF). In addition, the team is responsible for maintaining the lab and ensuring that equipment is maintained, clean and available. This QC Associate will be involved in all aspects of QC and Lab Maintenance.
HPLC experience will be a must. Experience using Empower (HPLC software) is a plus. Ability to handle the complex tasks (testing, data analysis), complemented by willingness to handling the mundane tasks (glassware washing, data entry, etc.) will be absolutely critical.
Responsibilities will include:
• Perform testing in support of pharmaceutical APIs, drug substance intermediates, raw materials, finished products and components under minimal supervision.
• Utilize laboratory software to support testing of routine and non-routine analyses.
• Solve problems with a single method, instrument or process.
• Interpret data, assure specifications are met and notify supervisor immediately of issues; interpret and trend data, escalate notification procedures as appropriate
• Review and witness laboratory notebooks
• Correctly operate and maintain laboratory equipment; ensure glassware and other equipment is clean, properly catalogued and put away.
Targeted candidate will offer a BS/MS degree in related science and 1+ years of experience handling similar duties in a GMP/GLP regulated lab. Other priorities include:
• HPLC expertise required; Empower preferred
• Exposure to most of the following instrumentation and techniques:
o gas chromatography
o Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy
o high performance liquid chromatography
o ion chromatography
o ultraviolet to visible spectroscopy, viscometer
o pH meter
o particle size analyzers
o Graphite Furnace-Atomic Absorption
o basic wet chemistry
o coulometric Karl Fischer titrations
o Thermal Gravimetric Analyzer.
Finally and critically, we seek a sharp and flexible team player who will work well in this dynamic and empowered setting.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center