Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Multiple R&D Intern & Consultant openings
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 United States
Research and Development
Ascent Bio-Nano Technologies, Inc., (http://ascentbionano.com/careers/) is a research spin-off from the Pennsylvania State University formed in 2012. The company moved to RTP, NC in 2016. The mission is to develop gentle and safe cell and particle separation research tools and medical devices. The company motto is Innovation for Impact. Our passion is to commercialize world leading acoustofluidic technologies to advance research, enhance health and improve life quality.
To learn more about the technology platform, please visit our collaborator’s website https://acoustofluidics.pratt.duke.edu/
Currently, we have the following opportunities open in Research and Development (R&D):
Undergraduate students with major in applicable science or engineering curriculum (acoustics, electronics, mechanical, electromechanical systems, etc.)
Hands on experience of developing microfluidics device or electronics system
R&D consultant to full time: see below for requirement
We are searching for R&D Consultant with extensive industry experience. This position could become a full time position. • Extensive R&D experience of research tools, ultrasonic products, medical devices, blood transfusion technology or cell therapy industry is highly desired.
Are you passionate to make an impact to the world? We invite you to join us.
The consultant will assist a team of R&D engineers and researchers in the development of cutting edge electro-acoustic devices to commercialization. He or she should be:
• A good team player with good communication skill. comfortable working in start up environment
• A quick learner and applicator of new technology, knowledge and information
• A practical problem solver who could translate problems into solvable engineering projects, develop practical solutions and deliver on time
The duties will include: improve performance and stability of microfluidic acoustic based device, provide guidance on R&D development, design electronic and electromechanical prototypes from lab prototypes, facilitate the development of ready for manufacturing prototype, implement good engineering practices, etc.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be considered for interviews.
• Local candidate resides near RTP, NC
• Degree in an applicable science or engineering curriculum (acoustics, electronics, electromechanical systems)
• Five or more years of industrial product development and R&D experience
A desired candidate will have some or most of the following experience:
• Design and build ready for evaluation and manufacture electronic and electromechanical prototype systems by selecting and assembling suitable components
• Design analog/digital electronic circuits in the RF frequency range including power RF
• Digital control systems, microcontrollers, digital signal processors and sensors
• Fabricate acoustic device or microfluidic device
• Fluidic control, including microfluidics, pumps and flow and pressure regulation
• Electro-acoustic devices such as surface acoustic wave generators, ultrasound transducers or other resonators
• Engineering materials, especially those related to high frequency acoustic devices
• Manufacturing of prototype devices including CNC machining, soft cavity molding, water jet cutting, laser cutting, EDM, etc.
• Process and practice of developing ready for manufacturing prototypes
• Knowledge of large scale manufacturing including injection molding, chemical etching, automated assembly and in-process testing
• Qualifying and dealing with vendors and suppliers
• Meeting and negotiating with customers
Job Type: Contract
•Durham, NC 27709
•Bachelor's in relevant engineering fields (acoustics, electronics, mechanical, electromechanical systems, etc.)
•Industrial R&D Product Development: 5 years
North Carolina Biotechnology Center